Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
one of the best street tires on the market imo. i have a set of brand new kdw's for sale.. do a search under my sn.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
i guess loud is in the eye of the beholder. as for rain, they work just fine. guess it also depends on your driving abilities but i have never had a problem with these tires before. they are excellent dry weather tires and decently good in the rain.

as for the price... its pretty much on point.

Reactions: somguy2u

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the help guys how bad could the noise be... wouldnt my hks dragger be louder than the tire noise?

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
thanks for all the help guys how bad could the noise be... wouldnt my hks dragger be louder than the tire noise?
if you have an exhaust, then i hardly doubt you'll even notice the tire noise lol

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
love them.... great when dry and very solid when wet. A little noisey but I really don't care when they grab like they do. Treadware is also great. I have over 15k on mine and they have tons of life left... this is really something considering my Potenza S03s were nearly bald by 15k.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yet another person confirming they are loud.

The grip is good but for the price (and how loud they are) there are definately other tires I'd get.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Yet another person confirming they are loud.

The grip is good but for the price (and how loud they are) there are definately other tires I'd get.
They really aren't that loud. I have gone with many other tires out there... from crappy falken ziex (worst tire I ever owned) to eagle f1s, S03s, KDw2s and others. I would say that this tire is my overall favorite so far. They don't tram line nearly as bad as the S03s (which I liked for their grip), they last a surprisingly long time, and they grip very well in wet and dry. I drive over 40k a year, so if the noise would bother anyone it would be me....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Louder than some tires. I can't notice if the radio is on (not blaring, just on normally). There are quieter tires if its a real concern. Long trips on the highway with no radio and they might get on your nerves.
They grip great for regular aggressive street driving, and are good in the rain too. Most importantly if they do break free when you push them they break in a very predicable manner. No tire by itself will keep you glued to the ground like a suspension upgrade will, so i think how tires break free is more important. I've never been surprised by them even in the rain so thats a pretty good sign. Tread wear is supposedly great, and so far i'd have to agree.
On a purely aesthetic note people have actually complimented me on the aggressive looking tread. I still think thats amusing, but you might like that part. I suppose i do enjoy my bosch wipers a little more because of how they look. So why not tire tread.

i can almost smell a show me your tire tread thread...

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
again... all in the eye of the beholder.. loud is relative. if you have friends that drive around with no cat... open downpipes... tires aren't loud lol

·
Registered
200 Posts
again... all in the eye of the beholder.. loud is relative. if you have friends that drive around with no cat... open downpipes... tires aren't loud lol
True, i enjoy that sound though. I don't get much enjoyment out of road noise from my tires. lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts