Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interesting in getting a Type S Lip from ABSdynamics. Is it very noticibly cheap in appearance? I dun quite wanna spend the cash for a real kit yet.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If u can buy it from absdynamics.com, buy it. make sure its the white one. mine doesn't look cheap, everyone asks me how much i spent, and they are surprised when i say $60.00. Mine is not even painted yed, and it still looks good.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Which is the best material to use? ABS platic or poly-somthing... If the fitment does suck , will a simple hard dryer from your home help to mold it to shape?

Also , how did you guys attach the lips, it looks great. (tape only or with screws and tape.)

Peace,
Alex Vazquez

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
mr_alex2 said:
Which is the best material to use? ABS platic or poly-somthing... If the fitment does suck , will a simple hard dryer from your home help to mold it to shape?

Also , how did you guys attach the lips, it looks great. (tape only or with screws and tape.)

Peace,
Alex Vazquez
Polyurathane is probably the best. Thats what a lot of kits are made out of. The knockoff kits are the ones made from abs plastic and fiberglass. I tried with a hairdrier, but it definetally was impossable. Ive heard people on this board do it with a simple hairdrier, but for me, it was impossable. So i took it to a shop and we put the car on a lift and worked on the lip for about 3 hours. We made clips and screws and put tape. I dident get my lip from ABSDYNAMICS.COM though so that could of been my problem.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I recently saw this lip in the Pomona area, again on a white is300. I was worried about the fitment on a light colored car because with a black car, you could get away with a big fat gap between the bumpers. Anyway i was quite surprised to see that it actually lines up very well, almost factory finish. I just want to ask is ABSdynamics the first one to come up with this or is there even a MORE original version?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts