Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to run 18x9.5 +38 Gram Lights 57DR on 235/40 squared set up, but with minor modification to the fenders. My ride height is two fingers all around on Megan EZ II coil overs. I’m wondering what modifications need to be made. Using the fitment equation from the massive fitment thread I am over by 17.65mm in the front and 14.65mm in the rear. I’ve seen many others with a lower ride height with the same wheel but not much information is disclosed with them. Some light shined on this would be greatly appreciated!

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
10,123 Posts
I had wider tires (255) and lower offset (+30) in the rear and I was fine with a full roll (the back doesn't really pull). I was staggered though, so my fronts were less aggressive. It would seem weird if the fronts are poking out that much compared to the back I think. But the front fenders pull easily.

·
Registered
2001 AR5 Swap, Built NA-T, Standalone
284 Posts
The rears should be perfectly flush, but the fronts will be poked a small amount, if they fit. according to my math, I fit a 18x9 +35 up front and only had millimeters between the spindle and the barrel of my wheel. The 9.5 +38 might contact without a spacer and then it'll poke a lot more too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rears should be perfectly flush, but the fronts will be poked a small amount, if they fit. according to my math, I fit a 18x9 +35 up front and only had millimeters between the spindle and the barrel of my wheel. The 9.5 +38 might contact without a spacer and then it'll poke a lot more too.
So I can run the 9.5 in the rear and have it sit flush. That is perfect! But with what you are saying, I’m thinking of running with an 8.5 +37 in the front in order for more clearance with the suspension and less poke. Would this sit flush? I can’t find any 57DRs in ceramic white that aren’t 9.5 +38, but I do have a paint guy that could paint match the fronts. I’m assuming a roll in the front would help as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts