Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrote a DIY installation guide and uploaded the pics; 3 versions - 56K, Large Size (Full screen on 1024) and Original Size. Because there were a lot of pictures, I posted them here. I apologize in advance for the ads but its just to offset the hosting. (They are not annoying popup ads)

Located here: Z2 Installation

Instructions are there as well and all the documents are also located there. Please PM me with any questions or anything I may have missed. I will try to get back to you asap.

It took me about an hour to take everything out and about an hour to wire everything. It took me several hours to put everything back together. My estimate is that it will take you a whole day.

I have not tapped the VSS wire yet. Will add more pictures for that later as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Awesome!

I'd love to have a built in NAV, but I don't think I could handle having the stock head unit mounted in the glove box. This car has too much integration. I wish they had just put in a standard 2-DIN head unit so I could replace it with the one I want.

I added a sub to my IS250. After looking through you're post, it looks like I missed the fact that the stock sub is a dual voice coil. I only tapped into one set of wires for the high level signal. I think I need to go back and reconnect the second set of wires. I'm probably getting only the left side or right side sub signal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts