1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
611 Posts
are you talking about the rear sway endlinks?
FIGS is 149. I have em, they're beefy looking compared to OEM.

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
if you saved the link that goes to your shopping cart, no one will see it. Unless, its just me :suspiciou

Endlinks are easy. You dont need adjustables, unless youre slammed. Stock oem quality like Moog is a good brand to go with. Others might have different opinions. I replaced my front LBJ and front/rear endlinks with MOOG.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
if you saved the link that goes to your shopping cart, no one will see it. Unless, its just me :suspiciou

Endlinks are easy. You dont need adjustables, unless youre slammed. Stock oem quality like Moog is a good brand to go with. Others might have different opinions. I replaced my front LBJ and front/rear endlinks with MOOG.
if the car is lowered about 2 inches, would MOOG links still be acceptable?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
if the car is lowered about 2 inches, would MOOG links still be acceptable?
I believe I'm lowered over 2" and I have no problems with the Moog ones. I've been like this for 2 years, but I did just start getting a slight clunk over bumps so they might have worn out already. 35k miles on them, or more.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry thought it was a link to the parts im lowered about 2 inches and im also running godspeed sways i get clunks all around since the sway bars i think ill still come out almost as cheap as moogs with my build i plan on an auto x set up so i figured why not

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
I believe I'm lowered over 2" and I have no problems with the Moog ones. I've been like this for 2 years, but I did just start getting a slight clunk over bumps so they might have worn out already. 35k miles on them, or more.
Have you checked to front LBJ?

Sorry thought it was a link to the parts im lowered about 2 inches and im also running godspeed sways i get clunks all around since the sway bars i think ill still come out almost as cheap as moogs with my build i plan on an auto x set up so i figured why not
you will need something more for performance. Moog is just OEM replacement, wont handle hard driving like AutoX.

Sounds like FIGs is the way to go

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Have you checked to front LBJ?

you will need something more for performance. Moog is just OEM replacement, wont handle hard driving like AutoX.

Sounds like FIGs is the way to go

My ball joints were just replaced at the same time as the end links, so about 35k miles ago. I'm going to check through everything and make sure it's all good. My guess is a few bolts need to be torqued down again. Everything was tight during my last alignment just 2 months ago. Clunking in front only appeared after having my car on jack stands while doing timing belt service.

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
My ball joints were just replaced at the same time as the end links, so about 35k miles ago. I'm going to check through everything and make sure it's all good. My guess is a few bolts need to be torqued down again. Everything was tight during my last alignment just 2 months ago. Clunking in front only appeared after having my car on jack stands while doing timing belt service.
Are the front LBJ moog? If so, they need to be greased

http://www.moogproblemsolver.com/4468/greasing-chassis-parts-helps-them-last-longer#.VVKXdJOEIT4

Reactions: reklipz and blkdout

·
Cherisher
4,833 Posts
I heart grease zerks. Certainly a selling point for me. I'm not convinced non-serviceable parts are as effective in life expectancy, however, seems to be the way of the future.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I heart grease zerks. Certainly a selling point for me. I'm not convinced non-serviceable parts are as effective in life expectancy, however, seems to be the way of the future.
I noticed the new Moog ball joint I put on came with a Zerk fitting. I didn't install the fitting (there was a metal plug already installed), but I will definitely be doing that next oil change now that I know how the system is designed to work!

http://www.moogproblemsolver.com/_pdf_en2/DYK10_103_En.pdf

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
Got these in the mail today
Are those the ones from Amazon? If not could you provide a link? I am in need of adjustable rear end links. Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
Are those the ones from Amazon? If not could you provide a link? I am in need of adjustable rear end links. Thanks
It appears the initial link the OP provided will take you there, however due to it being 5 years old, they are no longer available.

Edit: You got me interested in this as well. I found this (Adjustable Spherical End Link Kits (eibach.com)) which may be of some use. I might look into this later on if it can be done for a decent price lower than figs.

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
It appears the initial link the OP provided will take you there, however due to it being 5 years old, they are no longer available.

Edit: You got me interested in this as well. I found this (Adjustable Spherical End Link Kits (eibach.com)) which may be of some use. I might look into this later on if it can be done for a decent price lower than figs.
Thanks so much for the reply

Reactions: IS300 2001
1 - 15 of 15 Posts