Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, so im going on a road trip to arizona and need something to do for the 9 hour drive.

I went to walmart and got some red thread and started on the e-brake cover.

If all goes and looks well i might try this on my seats.

as usual comments good or bad and rep are greatly appreciated. thanks guys

UPDATED...................................................................

Well im back from arizona. the trip wasnt too bad for being in a big church van.

heres the instll pics hope you like. ill be getting some thicker thread to do the seats.

oh and you can see my latest DIY of the black ring around my shifter :)

thanks for the comments and rep guys :)

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
I could think of many things to pass the time with but stitching isn't one of them. :lol:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha well i had this idea a couple days ago and going on this trip will just knock two things out at once. and thanks for the comments guys.

Do you think the seats would look good with this stitching?

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
a guy I work withs girl has a tC (not an IS) but she liked my seats, so she did the suede material in the middle and leather on the outside with red stitching (her parents own a place that does that kinda work)...it does look pretty good. Im sure someone out there has custom interior where they used red stitching, but from what I saw on hers, the red string on black leather looked pretty good...is your car red, black or white? cause if its green or blue or somethin, I cant see it really flowin well

·
Registered
569 Posts
Looks pretty good. Don't they generally use thicker string though? Looks alittle thin....

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im might go with a thicker string on the seats but the boot is kinda small. ill see how it looks and if it doesnt stand out at all i'll add another line.

btw my car is white so the color scheme looks good....i think. thanks for the comments guys

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
looks good... very unique... so how many times did you poke your self when the car hit a bump lol

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Looks good. Doing the seats should be fun...

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
looks good!

if you wanted to have colored stitching on your ferrari, the charge a hefty couple hundred bucks.

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
looks good!

if you wanted to have colored stitching on your ferrari, the charge a hefty couple hundred bucks.
yep...and I heard that they make little Malasian kids do it and only pay them a quarter an hour...this guys doin it himself which means hes saving the fingers of some little kid...props to you :lol:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
updated :)

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
i like it! Nice subtle touch

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks, the trick is to go around the existing stitching so you dont undo the boot. use a thicker thread to make it stand out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts