Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I spent under $500 doing the Supra TT Swap. I thought about the LS400 upgrade but it ran a little more than i liked.

·
4,636 Posts
I have the LS400 brake setup and I love them! They feel the same as the TT setup but they offer a light weight caliper and they give a little more clearance for wheels. With my wheels and the TT caliper setup I couldnt fit a piece of paper between the wheel spoke and caliper it was that close. Now with the LS400 setup I have about a 1/4" gap between the wheel spoke and caliper.

·
Registered
48 Posts
ive read thru the forum but will this work for stock wheels? i read someone was going to check but didnt see nothing after

·
THE MAKER
4,811 Posts
ive read thru the forum but will this work for stock wheels? i read someone was going to check but didnt see nothing after
You will need wheel spacers for stock wheels. If keeping stock wheels the better solution is my OEM caliper BBK, which uses the Supra TT diameter rotors on an IS300 caliper.
Fig

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just to document what works and what doesn't...stock 17 inch wheels do NOT clear with a 5mm spacer and LS400 calipers. I ended up swapping to is250 17 inch wheels from like 2015 and those fit perfectly with no rubbing or spacers.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Here's a pic

·
Registered
35 Posts
How would you go about lowering the rear, to match the front, if you don't have adjustable suspension? Is it even possible?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, I know all that works. I mean with keeping everything stock. Like, if I just did the LS400 brakes on my car. It lowers the front by an inch, so I would want to lower the rear to match it. Can I do that while keeping the suspension stock, or would I have to upgrade to be able to lower it to match?

Control arms, springs, coil overs, and shocks. Just depends on what you want to spend or do.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Well, I know all that works. I mean with keeping everything stock. Like, if I just did the LS400 brakes on my car. It lowers the front by an inch, so I would want to lower the rear to match it. Can I do that while keeping the suspension stock, or would I have to upgrade to be able to lower it to match?
One of those choices is all there is.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts