Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heyy guys i just got my is300, and one of the first mods im doing are changing my fog lights to 3k hids, ive seen pictures and it looks sickk. im new to this site and didnt seem to find a tutorial so i was wondering if you guys could give me some help on how to install the hid fogs onto the car. sorry for being such a noob, any help is appreciated. thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I would take off the bumper to do it. Just remove the old bulb, put in the new one and plug it all up and your done. If they don't fire, the wires are mixed up. Remove the plug and plug it back in upside down into the oem harness.

·
Registered
338 Posts
No need to remove the bumper, just remove the fog light. 2 bolts per fog light and they come right out and give you all the room you need to work.

BUN

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
you can do either way...removing the bumper will make it easier to mount the ballast somewhere, but if you have small arms, you can do it thought the wheel well, just pull the plast back and mount it

·
Registered
652 Posts
How come the headlight ballast and bulb need to be in a totally sealed environment but the FOG ballast can be mounted anywhere inside the bumper?

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
^^^they make these ballasts water proof...not sure why they cant do it to the stock ones, I would assume since its in a sealed enviroment they dont need to, but who knows

1 - 7 of 7 Posts