Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yeah I might just do the Joe-Z Intake Pipe with the K&N Replacement Filter. The SRT Might come in Later when I get some more money.
Yes that would be good choice ....9 rwhp ...Ive ran the JoeZ type intake with KN filter and its a great combo and in my opinion the best short ram air to run on the IS....with the front scoop i would run that instead of any other short ram intake ...SRT has higher numbers but for the HP to $ value , SRT intakes are the worst but they do yeild the most HP but not by much for how much you pay for them too me not worth it ....post up feedback when you get it installed

·
Registered
337 Posts
I agree Bezik777, but you failed to figure in the sound factor... I lost gas mileage with the SRT (only because I like to hear it!)

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I agree Bezik777, but you failed to figure in the sound factor... I lost gas mileage with the SRT (only because I like to hear it!)
Which still equals lost in MPG :)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Going to pick up a used SRT this week. Couple noob questions:

What's best to used...soldering gun or iron?
What kind of soldering wire? (I've heard there are several kinds)

Thanks in advance!

PS: 2,000 post! =)

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Going to pick up a used SRT this week. Couple noob questions:

What's best to used...soldering gun or iron?
What kind of soldering wire? (I've heard there are several kinds)

Thanks in advance!

PS: 2,000 post! =)
Post Hoe....;)

Also if your not 100% on the soldering see if there is someone local to you to give you a hand...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Soldering is not to hard, but i would HIGHLY recommend on practicing on some scrap wires before actually soldering the piggy back. Oh a little advise tin your tip very well it make a it a whole lot easier.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys, newb here...when you talk about the bliltz air filter which one are you referring to? I just bought the SUS power air filter LM and it does not list the IS300 as a compatible vehicle. It does list the 2JZ-GE but for the Altezza gita. I searched around the forums and it seemed inconclusive...some said it works but with some mods. Anyone using this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
...Found the right forum/thread to ask that question before anyone yelled at me here, although if you'd like you could still answer my question in case no one in the other thread does and it would still be greatly appreciated...the newb will eventually get this searching thing down

P.S. Sorry I'm computer stupid

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Search ebay they have them under is300 with part number .....just as good I use KN filter or TRD filter....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm having a hard time finding a true Cold Air Intake. Every brand I find seems to only have a short ram. Do they exist for the IS? Or is the Short Ram just that bad ass that there is no need for a CAI due to location of the intake?

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I'm having a hard time finding a true Cold Air Intake. Every brand I find seems to only have a short ram. Do they exist for the IS? Or is the Short Ram just that bad ass that there is no need for a CAI due to location of the intake?
There was one true CAI made for the IS300 from LMS (rare), where you had to drill a 4 in hole and it acual filter element sits down by the fog light,intake tubing is all one tube. I had one for a long time just recently sold it to another local guy (NYKE)..It sounded sweeet ,
Also note with alot of short ram intake you can pick up extra intake tubing and extra coupler and make your own ...

Ill post pic of my LMS when i had it installed on my car for you...

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
NooB bump ............any questions??

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts