Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I just picked up and installed a used Joe Z intake from another user on this site, but with no instructions. It's definitely easy to do without instructions, but I appreciate the fact that I can double check what I should do from your post in case there was something I didn't know (like whether or not this might affect the MAF sensor). Some points to you for that. Thanks.
No prob man ...hope you got an after market drop in filter Kn or blitz type will also be a nice addition...You'll find theres a wealth of help on this site and tons of people willing to help out....

·
Registered
389 Posts
Bezik, when you installed yours did you put the one coupler on the TB side over those little triangle pieces? I didnt when i have the aem on but when i went to the joe-z/KN setup it said to? j/w car runs good though, didnt drive it much when it was just the intake though since it got tuned 2 days later. Great little DIY though

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to write this up, even though its fairly easy and straightforward.

One thing that I screwed on was I over tighten one of the screws on the fender wall and the screw broke in half, with one half still stuck in place. :(

Also, I noticed slightly more power and smoothness than noise. Is it the same for everyone else? I mean there is a slight increase in noise but not as much a short ram intake.

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Bezik, when you installed yours did you put the one coupler on the TB side over those little triangle pieces? I didnt when i have the aem on but when i went to the joe-z/KN setup it said to? j/w car runs good though, didnt drive it much when it was just the intake though since it got tuned 2 days later. Great little DIY though
TB side i didnt slip coupler over anything...theres plenty for it to hold and with that said also keeps a tight seal around TB...

·
Registered
389 Posts
TB side i didnt slip coupler over anything...theres plenty for it to hold and with that said also keeps a tight seal around TB...
Oh ok, yea mine seals fine but i slid it over those little raised triangles like the instructions said, Hope its not leaking lol.

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for taking the time to write this up, even though its fairly easy and straightforward.

One thing that I screwed on was I over tighten one of the screws on the fender wall and the screw broke in half, with one half still stuck in place. :(

Also, I noticed slightly more power and smoothness than noise. Is it the same for everyone else? I mean there is a slight increase in noise but not as much a short ram intake.
No prob man ...Yes the power is there 7 rwhp ....Smooth metal bends and the removal of the stock resonator are reasons for the improvment of power and smoothness with a stealthy sound.

If anyone has question on short rams or LMS cai feel free to ask away ive pretty much done every intake....

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Even for something simple such as this, a good tutorial is always nice.
Thanks bro ....Im currently making this thread the (IS300 intake help thread ) and will fill it with all intake tubes , intake short rams and cai....Installs diy

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Updated ....more info coming soon...

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Bump more info .....Added Intake sound clips top page #2.....

Any questions .......?

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
+ Rep because of a good compilation of pic's and information. Though it is one of the most self explanatory mod's you could ever do.
Thanks , yes but as a intake help thread to help with anything to due with any intake ...along with the additions of part numbers and Video sound clips.
:approve:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Im Scared to change the ECU cause I trust the toyota Engine right now but I want that engine to go faster. Will this ECU change do anything to shorten the life/ cause reg. driving problems for me? I want this to be a wise decicion.Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Im Scared to change the ECU cause I trust the toyota Engine right now but I want that engine to go faster. Will this ECU change do anything to shorten the life/ cause reg. driving problems for me? I want this to be a wise decicion.Thanks.
If your talking about the SRT ecu-R its just a add on piggyback to adjust AF due to the over size intake pipe SRT uses (cant run srt kit with out it)...Its not too hard to install but if you dont feel comfortable find a shop or local member that has done it before...

21 - 40 of 84 Posts