Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, here's the start of the tutorial. Will finish up sunday with more pictures.

Nav screen location with screen up just to see the little opening to pop out the cover to get to screw.

Remove this cover.

There are two screws, remove those.

Position your hand so that you can pull on the little opening. Pull towards you and that entire part will come out, but not all the way out because there are three wires plugged into it.

This is the back view of the navigation with the three plug. Unplug these three and you're done.
Reverse process for reinstallation.

And in this picture, you'll see the two bolts in order to remove the HU. There are two more at the bottom once you pull out the trac panel with the two extra slots/ or heated seat buttons.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Yep, that's how it's done. +Rep for taking the time to write it up.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Nice pics

If anyone ever needs just the ORIGINAL / OEM Screen....

... let me know as I have one in excellent condition.

It even has a Nav Screen protector on it..

Joe Z

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
finally! so after removing the vents the headunit can come out? do we need to remove the screen to do that?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to remove the head unit, the screen/vents will need to come out. It's a one piece deal. Once removed, there's 2 bolts that needs to be removed and two more at the bottom after sliding our the trac panel. That will allow you to remove your headunit.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
to remove the head unit, the screen/vents will need to come out. It's a one piece deal. Once removed, there's 2 bolts that needs to be removed and two more at the bottom after sliding our the trac panel. That will allow you to remove your headunit.
can't wait for the final tutorial. so the screen is held on by just the two bolts?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is there anyway to hook up a new touch screen to the factory nav? I have the factory nav and its okay not the best thing in the world but i wish it was touch screen

and no i don't have 1k to spend on a new nav system =P

1 - 20 of 25 Posts