Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at work today...staring out the window just looking at the sleekness of my new IS.....I pressed the trunk opening button on my IS and to my fR#$#aking surprise..the trunk opens.....
my car was over 200 feet away at LEAST....

man...what kind of alarm reception does it use????...FM or sumptin.....

i was amazed and at the same time pissed off that i had to walk all the way downstairs and across the parking lot to close my trunk....lol

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yeah, I posted a while back that my key fob can operate the locks from much, much further than stated in the manual.

I was concerned that I could bump the unlock button by mistake when away from the car and it might actually unlock it someday.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
And yes, it uses RF signals.

I went to the FCC site and looked up the registration info based on the code in the key:

Denso corp.
314Mhz
(RF transmitter - probably FM modulated - binary data)
http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/oet/forms/misc/Grant_Form.hts?application_id=69327&mode=COPY&fcc_id=HYQ1512V http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/oet/forms/731/731_Form.hts?mode=print&application_id=69327&fcc_id=HYQ1512V

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited November 24, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Originally posted by TEG:
I was concerned that I could bump the unlock button by mistake when away from the car and it might actually unlock it someday.
No need to worry TEG. From pg.13 from the manual.

You have 30 seconds to open a door after using the wireless remote unlock feature. If a door is not opened by then, all the doors will be automatically lockked again.

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yea oneday I was rushing to get in the house and out of the rain. Fumbling keys at the door I opened the trunk and didn't know til my friend drove by for work tellin me my trunk was open. SOAKED!!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Is anyone gonna put in remote start in. I asked lexus they wanted a fortune plus i had to lose a key.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Lexisny
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing