Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Today, a fellow co-worker and I skipped out of work early in order to go get a closer look at the RSX. My friend was looking at the VW Passat, which had an Acura dealership nearby, so we decided to head out together. After getting very helpful service from the VW dealership and a couple of test drives in a Passat V6 and a Turbo GTI, we headed over to the Acura dealership. First thing we get there, we check out the Type S parked outside, but no salesperson approaches us. After about twenty minutes of checking the car inside and out, we step inside to get a brochure and a test drive. Well, not only did I watch four salesperson talk to each other at their desks right in front of me, but I stood as other customers walking in were helped to. I finally broke down and tracked a salesperson and asked for some service, who promptly fetched someone else to help me. I finally get a salesperson, who said that a test drive would not be possible because they were closing in less than an hour. This at the same time as other customers were heading out for test drives in a MDX. I accepted the fact that it was a little late and just asked for a brochure since I was already there. She then says that they are out, because of popularity. I accept that fact and my friend asks for a TL brochure to compare with the Passat (same price range as non Type S) and she again says that they are out of that. At this point, my friend and I walk out fairly dissappointed at the treatment.

To note, both my friend and I were dressed in polo shirts and khaki pants, straight out of a business casual work environment. We are both Chinese and in our early 20's, which I would think is a major audience of this car. I am finishing up my Masters at Carengie Mellon University, so I am pretty sure that my to be income will suffice. We did arrive in my ****ty 1990 Olds Eight-Eight, which is a necessity because I had to sell my Eclipse to pay for the graduate school tuition. I am pretty sure that the salespeople thought my friend and I were out for a joy ride and dismissed our interest as a joke of some sort. I can pretty much cross out the RSX as a possible car to own out of school. If the salespeople there treat us this bad, I can't imagine how the service people would treat me. It is also somewhat important to note that Pittsburgh is not very diverse, and in many area, I am usually the only Asian around.

I just have to say that I hope the Acura dealerships in your area give better treatment than the one I visited today. I have cross-posted this in the honda-acura.net b-boards.

Dealership: Spitzer Acura, Monroeville, PA

dr1ft3r

·
Registered
818 Posts
Just remember, there is a bad apple in every bunch. Even Lexus, the brand synonymous with customer satisfaction, has dealerships in some locations that staff rude and incompetent salespeople. There have been plenty of threads here about poor dealer treatment. In fact, I can attest personally.

Don't take it personal. They aren't hurting you, because you can buy the car somewhere else. They are hurting themselves.

I went through something similar when I was buying my MDX. I went to one dealership, and I got the run-around and a bunch of game-playing. I went to another Acura store, and it was a TOTALLY different experience; I was in and out, with a great deal, in less than three hours. Since then, I've still remained part of the Acura family.

My dealer stays in touch with me. The one time I needed service, I didnt even have to leave the house; he came by and got the truck on the way to work, and left me his demo. When it was ready, he dropped it off, detailed and in perfect shape again. Now THAT'S service

Sorry for the long post. Just letting you know that there are some good Acura dealers, just like there are good Lexus dealers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I agree with the above responses. I guess I'm a little spoiled from the excellent treatment I have been receiving from my dad's Lexus. I'll have to go check out the Lexus dealership in Pittsburgh, and see how they compare to the dealership back home.

dr1ft3r

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome to the Acura dealer. I am 17, and went to Tustin Acura to get parts for my Legend. On my way out, I happened to walk by the showroom (not even stopping, just heading for the door). Salesman gives me this constipated look.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Originally posted by Alec:
Welcome to the Acura dealer. I am 17, and went to Tustin Acura to get parts for my Legend. On my way out, I happened to walk by the showroom (not even stopping, just heading for the door). Salesman gives me this constipated look.

Yeah Tustin Acura sucks!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
While we're complaining about Acura. I gotta throw up the big finger to Pleasonton Acura. First, no one wanted to help- similar to your case. When I finally got one to show me a car, he didn't want me to test drive, giving me some bull**** that they needed to keep milage down on the cars. After I convinced him i need to drive the dam car to decide (between the lex and bmw no less), we went for a drive... AND HE DIDNT WANT ME TO DRIVE IT. That means he drove off the lot and let me go about 3 blocks back to the dealership. I never even got higher than 3rd gear! He also had the balls to imply that I couldn't afford the car- EVEN AFTER I TOLD HIM I WAS CONSIDERING OTHER HIGHER END CARS. He also said something about me asking my parents about buying the car. Needless to say, I was steaming. I walked off the lot smoldering and vowing to keep anyone I knew away from that dealership.

Now that I think about it, I should have just busted his ass with the manager. That would have been fun

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
While we are bashing dealerships - my friend and I, at the beginning of the summer, we're looking around for cars that I could afford on a 60 mo. lease....one of them being a Jeep Wrangler Sport....So we casually stroll into the Jeep Dealer(Kelly Jeep on Route 1) and after finally asking someone to help, the salesperson comes over, and I was never so insulted before in my life. I didn't even ask for a test drive, I asked for a quote on a 5 year financing. He said I wouldn't qualify, I said my dad was co-signing, he said "why dont you bring your father in here" i reply "because I am making the payments, and there is no need to get him in here until signing" so after bantering for about 20 minutes with this guy, he finally gives me a quote, and I respond "thanks, btu I would never buy a Jeep from you, or this dealership"...guy was a complete d¡ck, so me and my friend walked out of there and i would never buy from there...this guy was a complete jerk, thinking I couldn't afford payments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
scoot,

Yeah, I'm really getting to think that finding a good dealership with good sales people has more to do with luck than anything else. Even at the VW dealership, the person my friend and I were dealing with was in his early 20's and great to talk to. However, the other older salespeople in the dealership were kind of hard-asses when I was trying to get a 36 month residual. Ehh, I guess I'll just keep on looking.

dr1ft3r

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.