Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well well, I made a big mistake for getting the cashmere interior.. The reason why cuz I work mechanic at Lexus and after I get off from work.. My uniform was dirty and I went to locker room to change different clothes but Im still dirty.. I got a great idea and decide to go talk to the salesman that I bought a car from him.. He hooked me up for lower the price before.. Somehow I went to talked to him about the interior I dont like.. He said well I cant help u get another car because the car is 08 model.. WTF is that suppose to mean.. The car only have 8G miles and I bought them last August.. I asked him "what about swap interior"?... But still he dont help me.. Im getting more pissed off because he helped me get a great deal to get a new car last year and now he dont help.. He said "what about get the seat cover from autozone?" WTF, I will go buy and put seat cover on his ass.. By the way, I think I will get Bride or Recaro seat because I dont have to worry about the seat get dirty... Oh well :cry:

·
Registered
3 Posts
mmm.....quite not gettin' your idea. You want them to change you the seats for whatever other color (black) does not show how dirty is? what about the rest of the car (globe compartiment, doors, and arm rest)...it would look hideous with such a combination of color.......go aftermarket if you want, but be prepared to pay big dollars for power seats.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I bought the light colored interior on my old IS300 and didn't make that mistake with my 350. The dealer won't do anything since you already bought the car and there is really no issue with the quality, function or performance of the seats you have.

Looks like you either have to go aftermarket or get a new car. You could also keep your eyes out for the For Sale / Trade thread.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The cashmere interior is a bit of a pain to keep clean. I just had my summer wheels put on and the tech got grease all over the headiner from his ball cap and when he grabbed the door frame on the way out. Of course they detailed the entire car inside and out at no cost... so no harm done.

That being said, it's not the salesperson's issue (or Lexus' either) that you've changed your mind. If you buy a house and decided you don't like the wall and carpet colours any longer, you can't expect the previous owner to pay for your changes.

Since you got a really good deal (and can perhpas get another really good deal) you may be able to sell it and get another one with different colour interior and not loose a ton of cash. If that's not practical you're pretty much stuck as there's nothing wrong with the car.

You're right though, seat covers would just be tacky. Aftermarket seats would completely take the luxury aspect away from the car.

Pehrpas just keep a clean pair of overalls to wear on the way home. Just make sure your hands are nice and clean :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts