Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited my Dealer today to work out the final details of picking up my new IS350. I am #1 on thier list having put my deposit down in Jan.. I wanted a 350 with the sport (performance lux plus) package with nav and ML. Based on thier allotment my choices are.
A) loaded one that added PCS, PA and HW $47,165
B) base model with only the NAV and ML $39,494 no sport package.
C) order the one I want: sport +NAV and ML $43,715

Option A I can get Friday, Option B in less than 30 days Option C will take 90-100 days. I really wanted to be driving my new IS home Friday but I guess I will wait and special order it the way I want it. :pissed:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tqlla3k said:
HOLY MOLY! What does 12K in options buy you?

base 35440
sport 3695
nav/ml 3990
PA 500
HW 100
PCS 2850
dest 590

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
KraxyKanuck said:
If I were you I wouldn't want to wait 90-100 days and would probably just take option A.
Damn thats 50k + with tax. 52k if that doesnt have destination :jawDrop:

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
WOW its more the then 330i buy like 3k *faints*

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would wait and get exactly the way you wanted it. On top of that, perhaps you can also choose the color as well. Good luck.
As for me, I'll do the same, but for the 2nd year model.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
dealers over charge 5grand atleast when the car first comes out

·
Registered
667 Posts
LexIShirm300 said:
dealers over charge 5grand atleast when the car first comes out
?? That's the sticker price, there's no extra dealer markup built-in.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
I think that's freaken insane, but that's just me :lol:
50gs, I think I would just go with a sports package and call it a day. Fok all the other stuff, I mean Nav is great but how often are you gone play with that thing. But I guess if you can afford it than go for it. I would rather get myself a nice Plasma for the House rather than go with Nav/ML. All of the sudden the Audi S4 doesn't look all that expensive at all :lol: What happened to affordable Lexus?

·
Registered
221 Posts
upnup said:
I visited my Dealer today to work out the final details of picking up my new IS350. I am #1 on thier list having put my deposit down in Jan.. I wanted a 350 with the sport (performance lux plus) package with nav and ML. Based on thier allotment my choices are.
A) loaded one that added PCS, PA and HW $47,165
B) base model with only the NAV and ML $39,494 no sport package.
C) order the one I want: sport +NAV and ML $43,715

Option A I can get Friday, Option B in less than 30 days Option C will take 90-100 days. I really wanted to be driving my new IS home Friday but I guess I will wait and special order it the way I want it. :pissed:
Which dealer? If it's in CA, I'm heading over and buying A!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow, the price sure did go up from what it used to be. I'd say forget that and keep the IS300

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
timboIS said:
Which dealer? If it's in CA, I'm heading over and buying A!
It's in TX, all yours if you want it. More than I wanted to pay. I will most likely go with option C and special order it.

·
Registered
832 Posts
To every one else who are thinking about getting the new IS just simply waite another 6 month, i am sure by then Lexus will be giving those away.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I think its pointless buying a first year vehicle and paying msrp or even a markup.

But to each their own. If you have then money then go for it.

But I'm a poor student so I cant even afford the IS350.

But If I could afford the IS350 I wouldnt get it right away either. I'm a sucker to get the best deal poor or wealthy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow. $47k is a huge disappointment. Where do they get off charging that kind of price for a car not much bigger than a Corolla? The car is tits but come on!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Do you realize you could be driving a low mileage gen II Dodge Viper for $50k?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
The new 350 is too expensive for what it is. I say buy 3 IS300's

·
Registered
482 Posts
I say wait...the car will be discounted by spring 06.

It is overpriced although the IS350 is better priced relative to the IS250.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts