Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I NEED TO KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I REMOVE MY ENGINE COVER TO MY CAR BECAUSE I'M PLANNING TO PUT A FRONT STRUT BAR TO MY CAR BUT IT REQUIRES TO REMOVE THE COVER. IF I DON'T REMOVE IT, IT WILL CAUSE VIBRATION TO MY CAR. IF DO REMOVE IT, WHAT WOULD IT ACTUALLY DO ANY HARMFUL THING TO MY ENGINE. THANK YOU.

·
Blue Glowie
3,769 Posts
Re: Front Strut Bar Question

sherwing2000 said:
I NEED TO KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I REMOVE MY ENGINE COVER TO MY CAR BECAUSE I'M PLANNING TO PUT A FRONT STRUT BAR TO MY CAR BUT IT REQUIRES TO REMOVE THE COVER. IF I DON'T REMOVE IT, IT WILL CAUSE VIBRATION TO MY CAR. IF DO REMOVE IT, WHAT WOULD IT ACTUALLY DO ANY HARMFUL THING TO MY ENGINE. THANK YOU.
The only strut bar really out for the IS300 is the JIC. Some have gotten in to fit with the cover, others have not. I was not able to fit mine with the engine cover on.

Removing your engine cover will not affect anything mechanical in anyway. Its a piece of plastic that's only purpose is appearace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
jedi
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing