Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 is250 with navigation.

I was wondering if there has been anyone that's thought of/tried to get the nav-screen to display other information other than the basic radio selection/navigation stuff. I.e. using the screen to project tachometer data, air/fuel ratio, etc. I'm guessing its gonna require a lot of software work, in addition to wiring sensors.

I'm prolly sounding really ignorant, but i just thought of this and wondered if anyone had tried it.

While i'm asking, has anyone removed/tinkered with their nav system housing group?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would love to see someone do something like that...im not personally very inclined with those electronic things.
I know they have such a thing for BMW (E46) its a small box you splice into your stock wiring and on your dash LCD you can cycle thru different screens such as : oil temp, intake air temp, speed, battery voltage and i think 1 or 2 more things. Our cars basiclly have all those and im sure its completly doable, just someone needs to know what to do.

Any wiring/computer pros out there?

It might be difficult to get it to display in the navi but even on the LCD between tach/speedo would be nice. Better than getting aftermarket ugly gauges. In theory all this "box" would need to do is read the voltage from the sensor and convert it to a number, since sensors in cars are 0-1V or 0-5V then you just need to know what the 0v and the 5v represent and convert them to digits and input them in the dash...easier said than done i think :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.