Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first test drove the IS I saw a spectra w/beige leather interior sitting on glossy 17s. To say the least, it made my heart stop. I wanted that one, but it had already been sold. Since then, I have been on a relentless hunt for the same car. To no evail....

I AM BECOMING FRUSTRATED WITH ALL OF THESE SALESMAN TELLING ME IN THEIR CALM LITTLE VOICES,"A blue IS300 is hard to find. How 'bout a nice white one?".

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGH!

Ok, I'm done venting. I just feel that if I order a car in a particular color with specific specs, shouldn't they make THAT car and send it to me. Would that be asking too much. I finally found someone who will sell the car to me just a little over invoice but now I have to settle on a color. If I'm going to spend my hard earned pennies on this I don't want to just settle. I should be happy with my purchase right?

Wait? Settle?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Don't settle! If you are willing to travel a bit, expand your radius of Lexus dealers. Too bad you are on the west coast, because I bet the dealership where I got my SBM w/Ivory leather, moonroof, lsd, etc probably has another ready to deliver today.

You'll always think back and wonder what your new car experience would be in the "right" color. Get exactly what you want (or close enuff that it doesn't phase you).

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
You sound like a nice guy so don't take this the wrong way. The dealers are pushing you around. You might want to consider recruiting a friend, relative or broker to cut you the deal you deserve.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree with Cisco. I wanted a loaded SBM with Limited Slip and was told by 4 different dealers that if I wanted an IS, I would have to take what they had.
I called a dealer about 100 miles away from my home and they were willing to meet all my requests AND give me a better price than any other dealer.
Just keep plugging away and you will find one, besides, if you go to a dealer further away from where you live, the long ride home in your new SBM IS300 is even sweeter!

Good Luck!!

------------------
'01 SBM IS300

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Saw Spectra Blue Mica today, sitting in a showroom, waiting for a new owner, not sold, available for immediate delivery. Also had a silver one, no owner, take it home today, also saw a yellow one and a white one and a gray one, all available........ The black one and another white and another silver were waiting to be delivered.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i got the blue spectre wit beige interior and they gave me the run around for while. He told me 2 weeks, next thing it was a month and a half before i got it. Maybe because i got the wood trim, spoiler and chrome rims but they should deliver when they say. Nevertheless, I am happy now that i got it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Unfotunately.... the IS will be limited in the Blue/beige combo. even harder to find my blue/black. Lexus is bent on selling the Silver, Black, White, and Graphite ones as a priority. "funky" colors will be limited in production at least for the US. -- Heard it straight from Lexus at the NY Autoshow as well as from the GM from where I purchased my IS. It not impossible to find but it will be a task. you may have to pay MSRP or close to it for the non-conservative colors.

·
Registered
130 Posts
...I guess I must be fortunate b/c my dealer told me I could order what ever I wanted to, everything was up front and honest. I haven't seen a blue one here yet though, I saw an unspoken for yellow (the first yellow one in this area), I'm getting a Graphite w/graphite polished rims (for that sleeper look I'm going for) it's also a rare combo, heck there are only two Graphite IS3s in this area, with only one of them being sold.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was offered a graphite w/chrome 17's, but I just couldn't shake that blue one. It was just speaking to me,"Bling Bling" Ya know

I think that is my #1 mistake. I should treat this as a #'s game like real estate. Never look at the property first. Always do the #'s first, then if it looks good, go with it.

The #'s say
Blue is hard to find
Only 33% will have LSD
Salesman said only 25,000 sent to US
Basically I'm running out of time and being picky.

Ah well, the search continues. I will find an IS sooner or later. Preferably in blue.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Not for nuthin but the Auburn Sky Color looks PHAT.... Matches the taillights very well. Everytime I see an IS it looks great! no matter what color it is! I hated picking one color... The only color I have yet to see with my own two eyes is the Jade Mica. I never thought it could be so hard to pick a color! IF you got the $$$ They will get you the color combo you desire.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Got my SBM/ivory two days ago. Jaws are dropping when I pass by! Guy who parks his silver one near my office at work already said he wished for blue but wanted one right away. Gal picking her kids up from school yesterday in her silver IS couldn't stop looking at mine. And no, it wasn't ME she was eyeballing - trust me :).

Two days, 141 miles, not taking it particularly easy during "break in"... Wish my wife wasn't in Vegas this week - have to take the kids everywhere. I'd rather be saying, "Honey, I'm heading to the gym. See you in four or five hours!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
mkaufman
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing