Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
Michael said:
Anyone think dealers who get a steady inventory will discount much off of MSRP? I called one dealer who said he's already got deposits for his first 10 cars!? Anyone hearing anything else regarding possible customer loyalty discounts on the IS250 or 350?
Dealers are always 1000% truthful. I'm sure they have sold their allotment 3x over already.

Why would this car sell that quickly?

IMHO, bland styling and performance (IS250) that isn't going to have the local speedfreaks opening their wallets before a test drive.

-Justin

·
Registered
221 Posts
Gray Rider said:
^^^ I'm sure Lexus will come up with something. :)
I don't think it's up to Lexus, but rather the dealer. Also, I don't think there will be many discounts initially, alought I hope I do get something for loyalty from the dealer where I bought my '02. When I put my deposit down, I said I hope you don't markup the price of the initial vehicles. His response was they wouldn't, as that could scare customers into a BMW. It's different when they mark up the RX400h, as there really is no competition for that vehicle.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Justin.b said:
Dealers are always 1000% truthful. I'm sure they have sold their allotment 3x over already.

Why would this car sell that quickly?

IMHO, bland styling and performance (IS250) that isn't going to have the local speedfreaks opening their wallets before a test drive.

-Justin
Yeah, I know this guy though, so I have less of a reason to doubt him over others. STILL these deposits are refundable, so I can't think EVERYONE who made one isn't gonna back out for say the new 3 or something else. My thinking is cash or even financing talks; if a car isn't spoken for and you've got the money and motivation, why would they end the deal for a couple thousand discount...expecially if they've got cars 10 deep not FULLY spoken for.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I'm not going to buy an 06 IS250/350 and pay MSRP.

I'm going to at least wait a year for them to fix all the bugs and for the hype to go down.

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
HoustonLex said:
I was told a year ago that ONLY current IS owners would be able to buy the IS convertible?????

My dealer is on crack
Sounds bout right.... IS250 is the new F430. Haven't you heard?

-Justin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts