Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone look under their hood and see where this plug is supposed to go? I've looked around and can't see where it's supposed to plug in after I noticed it was just laying there disconnected after I had my brake booster replaced. This is directly to the right of the brake booster and tees off the harness directly in the center of the image.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
571 Posts
Sorry, if you can wait until Sunday I will be back home.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was going to say alarm horn mounted on inner fender/shock tower or brake fluid level sensor. But I think I see the horn hooked up in your photo. So maybe fluid level?

·
Mr. Roo
9,728 Posts
I went and checked my car, and found two 2-wire gray plugs in this area.

First suspicion is this on the shock/strut tower:

But my guess is that it's the brake reservoir wire, which tucks under and plugs in near the engine:

Which would make sense if they replaced the brake booster, and then forgot to plug the cable back into it lol. I think that's just a low-fluid sensor wire though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went and checked my car, and found two 2-wire gray plugs in this area.

First suspicion is this on the shock/strut tower:

View attachment 135588

But my guess is that it's the brake reservoir wire, which tucks under and plugs in near the engine:

View attachment 135589

Which would make sense if they replaced the brake booster, and then forgot to plug the cable back into it lol. I think that's just a low-fluid sensor wire though.
Ahhhhhh, it was the brake reservoir wire. Was hidden on the opposite side so I totally missed it. Thanks a bunch dude!

·
Registered
900 Posts
I was going to say brake level but thought it would have been too obvious, its normally so easy to see. Then realized on mine (RHD) you cant miss it, im guessing LHD is a bit more hidden by the engine and other junk in that area :geek:

·
Mr. Roo
9,728 Posts
I was going to say brake level but thought it would have been too obvious, its normally so easy to see. Then realized on mine (RHD) you cant miss it, im guessing LHD is a bit more hidden by the engine and other junk in that area :geek:
LOL yeah you're totally right! No he's not crazy for missing it haha, as it is rather hidden and tucked under there. Interesting to see that the brake booster is on the other side of the car. I would think that everything under the hood could be the same, except for the hood latch cable. Maybe because the pedal is on that side? or something for safety in an accident? oh well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts