Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every month I always check out the sales of cars on Yahoo and was disappointed on IS300 sales for the month of August. I thought with the new 5 Speed, Automatic, and Sportcross, sales would double or so. Only 1800 or so cars were sold so which is alot less then the 2900 sold last August. Do you think there was just not enought cars on the lot with the intro of the 2002 model? I hope the fad is not dying off already.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Originally posted by Baka Jin75:
Every month I always check out the sales of cars on Yahoo and was disappointed on IS300 sales for the month of August. I thought with the new 5 Speed, Automatic, and Sportcross, sales would double or so. Only 1800 or so cars were sold so which is alot less then the 2900 sold last August. Do you think there was just not enought cars on the lot with the intro of the 2002 model? I hope the fad is not dying off already.
Slow economy. Much slower than last year. There are actually incentives on the new model year cars already. I don't think anyone is selling alot of cars.

.../austin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the web page for the articles.
http://biz.yahoo.com/n/y/y0003.html

Its page for automobile news. At the beginning of the month, there is posts of sales from all auto makers.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/010904/latu082.html

This above link is Toyota which includes Lexus and give total sales per model in the month of August and compares previous year sales. You can check every car company on here and it lists sales per model.

Hope you find it interesting.

Well in my opinion, I hope sales increase. Thats the only way the company would do more upgrades to the car. I think that was 1 reason the TL went to type S too. Since sales were hot on the car, Honda put in a better engine for the type S. If sales slumped they would have never improved on the car. Well thats my thought.

·
Registered
39 Posts
that's a good point, but i don't think toyota/lexus would upgrade their car.. you've never seen any camery type-r around have you?? or rx300 type-s?? both cars sell like crazy... and did lexus do anything more to the rx300 other than changeing itz grilles?

conclusion.. lexus/toyota != acura/honda therefore, i still hope ppl would stop buying the is.. or better, is becomes a limited production car..

·
Registered
39 Posts
besides, i think is has already been oversold.. didn't lexus only plan to sell 25,000 is's? and how many are on the road right now? 35,000?

·
8,107 Posts
2002s didn't show up until the middle of August here, and in small numbers. September sales will be more meaningful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was at my dealership Friday and I got to see 4-5 of the new 2002 IS300's. None of them had the nav system and only 1 was a stick, so maybe it's just hard to find one with all of the options?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I think that the slow economy & the 2002 models arrivng mid-August are the biggest reason sales have slowed, however (and yes, I am going to say it again) I think that the higher horsepower in the competitors cars will also work to slow the sales. I agred that I would like to see higher IS sales becuase it will justify tunners to make parts to improve out cars. I like the rarity of our car as well, but volume is also needed.
Originally posted by Baka Jin75:
Well in my opinion, I hope sales increase. Thats the only way the company would do more upgrades to the car. I think that was 1 reason the TL went to type S too. Since sales were hot on the car, Honda put in a better engine for the type S. If sales slumped they would have never improved on the car. Well thats my thought.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats true.. Since the new model came out in August, the lots were probably not full of them.. Anyway.. North Orange County and Cerritos is saturated with IS's. There are 3 on my street alone. Mine and 2 others. Driving around my neighborhood I usually see about 5-10 per day, so its pretty common. Especially Blue and Yellow.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i read somewhere saying Lexus estimated 1,400 5 speed to be sold in 2001, so they are doing pretty well given the number of 1,800?? think about the bad ass economy too..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
IS300#1
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing