Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search and it seems the function isnt working very well, I am sorry if this has been covered before.

Is there a way to disable the daytime running lights on the car? (just a personal prefference of mine to not have them.)

i know that in some cars you can modify the parking break switch, however this doesnt seem to help in this cars case.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Check out this website:
http://tech.is300.net/

The following taken from the webpage:
In front of the battery there is a big box that says "Warning: Do Not Touch. Hot." Unplugging this will disable the DRL and will still allow the high beams to function normally.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
not working for me either, but the search has always been good to me. Use key words like "DRL" next time, nothing too fancy...make sure you are searching in the right forum too.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=-1>
On 2001-08-30 12:10, soulstalker wrote:
Check out this website:
http://tech.is300.net/<P>The following taken from the webpage:
In front of the battery there is a big box that says "Warning: Do Not Touch. Hot." Unplugging this will disable the DRL and will still allow the high beams to function normally.
</FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

tech.is300.net was just a redirect. the space that site was hosted on went down the s**tter. all the articles are now on is300forum.com

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Here it is:

Disabling Daytime Running Lights:

Daytime Running Lights (DRL) are a saftey feature engineered into the car for your safety. if you choose to disable your DRL then you are responsible for any consequences that may arise
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
AZTEZZA
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing