Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is any one elses headlights dirty on the inside? My headlights are really foggy and spotted, and the other day I had condensation on the inside and told Lexus.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No, the headlight should not have any form of water condensation. It probably means that there's a leak. You should have it repaired.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by L3:
No, the headlight should not have any form of water condensation. It probably means that there's a leak. You should have it repaired.
FYI DO NOT let them "fix" it, the leak will most likely re-appear. have them replace it... those are pricey units!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the information. I will tell them when I feel like not having my car for a day or week
And maybe get my ECU fix I have been waiting for, for about 2 1/2 months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is also a TSB about a slight lekage problem in the headlight.

Make: LEXUS Model: IS 300 Year: 2001

Service Bulletin Number: BO00201 Bulletin Sequence Number: 190 Date of Bulletin: 03/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB619112
Component: LIGHTING:LAMP OR SOCKET:HEAD LIGHTS
Summary:
SUBJECT REGARDING PRODUCTION CHANGE TO REDUCE THE POSSIBILITY OF SLIGHT WATER CONDENSATION IN THE BOTTOM EDGE OF THE HEADLAMP. *TT

Here is the link.
NHTSA

·
Registered
921 Posts
I will be covered under warranty also. Even if there was not a service bulletin. Just show them that they are fogged over and that they need to be replace. My buddy did it on his GS and they ordered him two new units, all covered under his warranty. Cool huh?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just make sure that the dealer aligns your headlights after they are replaced. I had both of my headlights replaced under warranty not becuase they were leaking, but because they were cracking!

After they were replaced, I had to go back 2 times to have them realigned. After the second time they couldn't do it for some reason so I did it myself.

I have a service manual for the IS300 and took the information to align the headlights (dimensions like where the beam is to be etc.) and had a guy at work plot it on a CAD program, printed it out 1:1 and placed it in front of my car to align the lights. Let me just tell you that they light up the road WAY better than what they were intially aligned at from the factory. I think some Lexus technician don't know how to do it properly, so do it yourself!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts