Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My seats are terribly uncomfortable, just worn out. Is it worth the $$ to have them reupholstered and the foam replaced or just install replacement seats? Any one know what seats will fit in the '03 that match the bolt placement? (Will the 86 or BRZ seats fit?) Don't care if they are manual and don't have heat, just need something that doesn't kill my back each time I drive the car!!! Thanks.

·
2,996 Posts
My seats are terribly uncomfortable, just worn out. Is it worth the $$ to have them reupholstered and the foam replaced or just install replacement seats? Any one know what seats will fit in the '03 that match the bolt placement? (Will the 86 or BRZ seats fit?) Don't care if they are manual and don't have heat, just need something that doesn't kill my back each time I drive the car!!! Thanks.
No direct bolt in. You can build adapters. Just remember the airbag system.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Personally if you can find a used stock set I recommend getting seat brackets and a set of new sparcos for cheap depending on what style you like. Brides and recaros are overrated imo

·
Registered
857 Posts
Ive often wondered if some other seats were a straight swap for these cars, the uncomfortable seats are one of the few gripes i have with it.... especially as i get older lol :p

·
Registered
362 Posts
The OEM cloth seats are quite different compared to leather, but also quite rare. I have them now in my current IS300 and like them a lot more than either of the leather options. Something to think about at least.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The OEM cloth seats are quite different compared to leather, but also quite rare. I have them now in my current IS300 and like them a lot more than either of the leather options. Something to think about at least.
Agree i had full leather on my old IS3 i now have the Suede and i love them way better than the leather ones imo

·
Registered
67 Posts
Agree i had full leather on my old IS3 i now have the Suede and i love them way better than the leather ones imo
If you go to my showcase, are the seats I have Cloth or Suede. Cause I know there is Complete Leather, than there is Leather sides and back, with the Sitting part Alcantara. Is the cloth seats rarer than the Black on Black Leather Suede? Know anywhere I can get some IS300 Black mats too?

·
Registered
87 Posts
original seats regardless of trim don't have lumbar support, looks like they were
designed by communists!

·
Registered
13 Posts
What makes y'all like the suede better than the leather? I have the suede seats now and was thinking I might want to change them out for the leather ones.

·
Registered
67 Posts
What makes y'all like the suede better than the leather? I have the suede seats now and was thinking I might want to change them out for the leather ones.
I like the suede seats cause, 1. It's not full cloth. 2. You don't burn your knees or stick to the seat. 3. They are soft and comfortable. 4. They still have the leather accents on the sides, they look the best.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts