Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to begin an aristo swap with a garrett gt35r. Im buying the engine as a whole package with intercooler and piping. I want to change the intercooler piping because currently I would have to drill holes in the body and I dont want to do that. I know there are ways to run the piping without drilling and I would like to avoid making a fully 1-off piping kit. anyone know of kits, even cheaper e-bay kits, that would be almost direct fit? Ive looked around and cant really find what im looking for. Im ok with some modifications to a intercooler kit, and would prefer an almost drop-in kit.

·
Registered
257 Posts
preyy much every kit is going to require cuttiing some large holes in order to route the piping to the front of the bumper ... i dont see how you'd be able to get the piping out there otherwise.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
i believe the pipeing on a Turbonetics NAT kit fits without cutting. i think the piping runs from the TB under the radiator to the IC. i guess its possible but silly.

on a GTE motor with stock twins it might even more difficult. i think the way the pipeing runs it points towards the passenger side fender.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.