Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I will be buying my IS300 very soon!

I have but one dilemma. What color? I either want black or white... which one should I buy????

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
both are hard colors to take care of. black gets dusty and i wouldnt' get it unless i had a garage and white gets little spots all over taht aren't really visible from afar, but when you're cleaning the car believe me you'll see it

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Wow - someone who thinks that the IS300 buying experience is a black & white issue.

Personally, I think you should look for a grey area.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
heh...a grey area...TEG, you and i think alike sometimes...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I should flip a coin... Heads=white Tails=black. If it lands on the side, I'll buy grey.
Nice solar yellow by the way.
Well, I have about two weeks to decide.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
um...i'd say you should compromise...buy a white one and a black one...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Clam, Family Feud buzzer. White is the easiest color to keep clean and black is the most difficult.

Originally posted by mrclam:
both are hard colors to take care of. black gets dusty and i wouldnt' get it unless i had a garage and white gets little spots all over taht aren't really visible from afar, but when you're cleaning the car believe me you'll see it

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
areyou sure brad? i HAVE to look over the m3 every single day and it always has dust dirt insect crap all over it. i HATE IT
my finish first polish should be coming sometime soon so hopefully that'll be fun =)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
i have the black and yes its a little difficult to keep clean but when its shined up.....you cant beat it

i think black all waxed up is the best color
just My opinion

later

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
brad, actually...silver is the easiest to clean and white is a close second...according to most detailers...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dont dooo it. Nah kidding black is a sweet color.I got the black one and also have a garage so its been pretty clean so for except for dust, rain, greasy fringer prints, that great aiming pigeon the hit my car with the biggest white dump you ever seen sideways too while i was in taco bell( kinda ironic if you think about it hmmm me in taco bell bird takes a dump hmmmmm), road dirt. All this and i have the car for a week thank god for www.Griotsgarage.com the make the sweets in terms of cleaners and waxes. I have yet to get spider webing on any car i have owned. Good luck with your IS300

1 - 18 of 18 Posts