Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know much about it..but i heard that some radio recievers can soon pick up for 10 bucks a month starting september digital radio...it supposed to be radio channels with cd quality sound..does anyone know if the IS radio has this reciever?

thanks

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
That would satellite radio. Programming would similar to the music channels on DirecTV or some digital cable system - good stuff actually. But no, the current IS300 stereo system does not have this capability. I don't know of any current models by any manufacturers that do...

·
2,909 Posts
Sony and some other companies will have receivers that can hook up in your car to your existing radio. The best part about it, is the fact it can be removed from your car and then used with your home stereo. Don't ask me how, I happened to read about it in an audio/visual magazine. I say start buying stocks in that company, I think that will be a profitable buisness.

I do beleive there will also be some sort of "Dolby Digital" six channel music available. If that happens that will revolutionize the way we listen to music in our cars. Ahh I can't wait to see what they'll come up with next.

·
Registered
730 Posts
wow, that sound very interesting. Please post as soon as someone hears about it. I do use my 20gb mp3 player now using the tape adapter heard that the FM modulator wont work as well as the adpater.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
DYSFUNCTIONAL
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing