Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok seems like everyone agrees that the l tuned kit looks nice.. Just that no one can either afford it or even find it anymore.. So let me tell you what i did.. Seems like no one has talked about this other option that i found myself without these forums.. Anyways i looked online and found this pic
I saw it everywhere and didn't trust some of the pages that i could order from.. So i asked around and a friend suggested nopi.com.. So i checked them out and saw the price.. was decent so i ordered.. I got the kit installed and even though i've never seen l tuned in person i think my car looks just as nice.. and trust me it turns heads.. There are alot of setbacks however in this kit but to save whatever 2 g's thats fine with me.. Just wanted u people to know that.. that is another route u can go to for the l tuned look.. of course dont put l tuned stickers all over your car now and be a poser..

For anyone wondering.. Major setbacks i talked about were
1) the kit is Fiberglass.. so remember its like glass.. a little tap and you'll start seeing spider webs..
2) the front and sides fit fine oh by the way i have a 2001.. but the back was about an inch too wide.. so u need to find someone who can install really well.. the guy i knew had to cut down the center of the back bumper and take an inch out then rebondo or whatever to make it fit.. shouldn't be too hard for people who have worked with fiberglass..
3) the front and back look a little stubbier than the l tuned.. so the 5 mph bar and some other parts from the original bumper have to come out.. but the stubby look.. i think makes the car look more agressive and original..
4) last thing.. u guys are probably thinkin im crazy.. the erebuni kit comes with its own grill.. so if u dont want the stock grill then no problem here.. but me i wanted the stock grill in.. once again u must cut into the kit and this may freak people out but it really was not a problem at all.. actually was really easy.. erebuni looks like they made the kit to not have that grill piece in.. and theres even a lip behind the grill part that allows the kit to stay stable.. kind of hard to explain.. but its doable.. oh yah and nopi also sells the fog lights that go in the circle spot..

So.. i probably scared everyone away from doing this but I've done it and i couldn't be more happier.. saved money got the results i wanted.. maybe there is a reason y no one goes this route but me i just couldn't afford to spend 5 grand on a different body style.. oh and to make this post even longer i would post pics but i dont really know how too.. i'll figure it out soon.. yahoo? car domain? i'll figure it out and anyways my car just got into an accident some lady was driving in my lane looking to her right so i'm actually gettin a new front bumper as we speak.. anyways i'll post pics as soon as i can.. oh and i got new i forged rims coming in about a month too.. so i'll keep yall posted.. PEACE!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
crazeeis300 said:
Ok seems like everyone agrees that the l tuned kit looks nice.. Just that no one can either afford it or even find it anymore.. So let me tell you what i did.. Seems like no one has talked about this other option that i found myself without these forums.. Anyways i looked online and found this pic
I saw it everywhere and didn't trust some of the pages that i could order from.. So i asked around and a friend suggested nopi.com.. So i checked them out and saw the price.. was decent so i ordered.. I got the kit installed and even though i've never seen l tuned in person i think my car looks just as nice.. and trust me it turns heads.. There are alot of setbacks however in this kit but to save whatever 2 g's thats fine with me.. Just wanted u people to know that.. that is another route u can go to for the l tuned look.. of course dont put l tuned stickers all over your car now and be a poser..

For anyone wondering.. Major setbacks i talked about were
1) the kit is Fiberglass.. so remember its like glass.. a little tap and you'll start seeing spider webs..
2) the front and sides fit fine oh by the way i have a 2001.. but the back was about an inch too wide.. so u need to find someone who can install really well.. the guy i knew had to cut down the center of the back bumper and take an inch out then rebondo or whatever to make it fit.. shouldn't be too hard for people who have worked with fiberglass..
3) the front and back look a little stubbier than the l tuned.. so the 5 mph bar and some other parts from the original bumper have to come out.. but the stubby look.. i think makes the car look more agressive and original..
4) last thing.. u guys are probably thinkin im crazy.. the erebuni kit comes with its own grill.. so if u dont want the stock grill then no problem here.. but me i wanted the stock grill in.. once again u must cut into the kit and this may freak people out but it really was not a problem at all.. actually was really easy.. erebuni looks like they made the kit to not have that grill piece in.. and theres even a lip behind the grill part that allows the kit to stay stable.. kind of hard to explain.. but its doable.. oh yah and nopi also sells the fog lights that go in the circle spot..

So.. i probably scared everyone away from doing this but I've done it and i couldn't be more happier.. saved money got the results i wanted.. maybe there is a reason y no one goes this route but me i just couldn't afford to spend 5 grand on a different body style.. oh and to make this post even longer i would post pics but i dont really know how too.. i'll figure it out soon.. yahoo? car domain? i'll figure it out and anyways my car just got into an accident some lady was driving in my lane looking to her right so i'm actually gettin a new front bumper as we speak.. anyways i'll post pics as soon as i can.. oh and i got new i forged rims coming in about a month too.. so i'll keep yall posted.. PEACE!
Be warned -
You get what you pay for & that kit is known to have fitment issues and be pretty shitty in general.
Read about the CarsonTuned kit if you haven't...that would be a much better option!

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Chigger said:
tsopranoMB said:
erebuni is crap....buy a real body kit..... 8)
I totally agree. You drive a Lexus not a freakin' Civic.

GEEZUZ I SEE THIS EXACT SAME COMMENT POSTED AT LEAST TWICE A DAY!!!!

Its an import. It can be modded to a race car. It looks great with a bodykit/rims/system/turbo/etc.

Are these not similar between the IS300 and the civic?? The headlight structure somewhat resembles a civic anyways!! Everyone knows its not a damn civic, ITS A LEXUS, so if someone has a mod they wanna do, how does that make it "more civicy"???

I'm getting so sick and tired of people saying that. It's pissing me off. Worry about your own cars.

If you want to state your opinion thats fine. But say something like, "Yeah, I agree, Erebuni does not have a good reputation. Go with something like c-west, lsportline, etc. and not Erebuni"

sorry chigger nothing against you, i just hate it when people say that.

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
10secondIS said:
Chigger said:
tsopranoMB said:
Hey, I totally understand. Other people have their rights to do whatever they want and state their opinions. No harm done. Good luck with everything! :)

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
10secondIS said:
Chigger said:
tsopranoMB said:

GEEZUZ I SEE THIS EXACT SAME COMMENT POSTED AT LEAST TWICE A DAY!!!!

Its an import. It can be modded to a race car. It looks great with a bodykit/rims/system/turbo/etc.

Are these not similar between the IS300 and the civic?? The headlight structure somewhat resembles a civic anyways!! Everyone knows its not a damn civic, ITS A LEXUS, so if someone has a mod they wanna do, how does that make it "more civicy"???

I'm getting so sick and tired of people saying that. It's pissing me off. Worry about your own cars.

If you want to state your opinion thats fine. But say something like, "Yeah, I agree, Erebuni does not have a good reputation. Go with something like c-west, lsportline, etc. and not Erebuni"

Well said!!!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
Dont talk about something you dont know about. I have personally test fitted an Erebuni kit. and it fits very well. wtf is your problem? You are like that annoying church lady that gossips like a little biatch.

Chigger.. get his balls outta your mouth please.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
tsopranoMB said:
Dont talk about something you dont know about. I have personally test fitted an Erebuni kit. and it fits very well. wtf is your problem? You are like that annoying church lady that gossips like a little biatch.

Chigger.. get his balls outta your mouth please.
yes Rich, the quality is CRAP....you get what you pay for...
aint that the truth! :lol:

.erebuni looks fake and like crap...however, I know their showgun kit actually looks real on a blue IS that I know of from on here....but hey, its my opinion, and i'm entitled to it...

grow the hell up man, and stop hounding on my every single post....its getting lame... :roll:

Chigger, pay no attention to BDR, he just likes to poke his nose into stuff and start crap....

:x

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
damn yall crazy.. anyways i'll admit erebuni is definately not the greatest.. but it works.. to answer how much the rear cost to fix.. i didn't have to pay any extra.. the guy that installed gave me a quote and stood by it no matter how hard it was to install.. so i ended up payin about a grand for all the paint and labor.. and to all of yall tryin to diss me.. u probably dont have shit modded on your car.. just keep on pretending u do.. we'll see who's car looks better when all is said and done..

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
crazeeis300 said:
damn yall crazy.. anyways i'll admit erebuni is definately not the greatest.. but it works.. to answer how much the rear cost to fix.. i didn't have to pay any extra.. the guy that installed gave me a quote and stood by it no matter how hard it was to install.. so i ended up payin about a grand for all the paint and labor.. and to all of yall tryin to diss me.. u probably dont have sh*t modded on your car.. just keep on pretending u do.. we'll see who's car looks better when all is said and done..
aint nothing like the real thing baby....I wasnt hating towards ya, was just expressing my opinion since I have the REAL kit... 8) and I did NOT spend 5 grand either....I guess I got lucky..... definatly would like to see how yours looks, cuz you said "we'll see who's car looks better when all is said and done" good luck to ya, hope it works out....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aight i just joined car domain to post some pics and the only pics of my car that i have right now are these.. i'll also post the pics of my car as it is right now.. which is messed up due to some lady driving straight into me.. anyways these pics were taken before i lowered and got an exhaust and i got my rims comin soon so it looks alot different well at least i hope it will with the rims.. so heres some pics for your enjoyment.. and the real thing would have been nice and i would have gotten it if i knew how too.. anyways i dont really care anymore.. i got the look i wanted and im almost done with all the exterior mod..

The rims im gettin..

i know this is lexus is300 mania but this car is perfect.. and the look i'm tryin to somewhat go for..

k.. well may what happened to my car not happen to any of you.. later.. PEACE!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.