Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a hks hyper ti-limited ver1

the piping is not made out of stainless steel so it does build up some rust, and im tired of always sanding it down.

i know people have redone their piping like when they go boost, but is it really worth it to get my piping redone in stainless steel?

i am worried about the exhaust sounding different because i don't want it to seem like i just welded it on and having disturbances in the airflow (if that made any sense)

let me know what you guys/gals think
thanks

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
you could probably get some silver high heat engine paint. it is under the car where you cant see so you wont be able to tell but it will keep the rust off.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
sanctfy is right, some high temp engine paint would work well to keep it from rusting, you would have to get all the surface rust off the piping and make sure it was very clean to get the paint to stick well.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
I am assuming you are speaking about the exhaust can area??

I am sure it is stainless steel... However, if its scratched, it is un proctected.. If you sand it down more, it will always rust..

Two suggestions..

Have it professionaly sanded, re-polished and treated to prevent the stainless from rusting.

or paint just the can area with some silver or Flat Black high heat paint..

Joe Z :bigSmile:

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Looks like you already got your answer, but I add another vote for high temp paint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts