Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, some people asked me if I noticed a difference between the last IS I had and the new one I just got. First big difference is the paint! THe new cars paint looks 100 times better. The solar yellow on the first one looked almost like the pale yellow on the Porsches, the new car's yellow looks like the Honda Spa Pearl Yellow like on the S2000's and the NSX's, real bright Yellow. Plus on the old car I noticed some mottling in the hood when I washed it (Mottling is when you can see the primer through thepaint), the new car looks like it has more coats of paint and a thicker clear coat.

Now on to the tranny, the tranny shifts quicker, no more tranny hesitation like I use to have, and on cruising speed shifts, the shift is almost unnoticeable. Also traction seems to go off quicker, on the old car it would stay on a little to long after it activated, this one seems more precise.

Just some info on a newer produced IS versus the older ones if any one is interested.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
there is no difference whatso ever between the new and old paint. the paint code is still the same and i have compared my car next to the solar yellows at the dealership.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was talking about the color, I was talking about the quality of the paint. I think my previous car wasn't sprayed correctly because even the spoiler on the old car was brighter than the rest of the car. Plus my friend who works at the body shop said that the paint is definetly better than the last one.

Originally posted by Lexus_IS300:
there is no difference whatso ever between the new and old paint. the paint code is still the same and i have compared my car next to the solar yellows at the dealership.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Originally posted by Lexus_IS300:

I was going to say the same. The cars are both 2001. Unless that was a real bad paint, but to my understanding the paint and almost the entire assembled of the car is computarize.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Papo-Salsa
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing