Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction or explain to me what the differences are between the years from the 2006 models up to the 2009 models of the IS250. What packages did they offer and what did the packages include. Im looking at purchasing a 2007 IS250 AWD and would like to know what my options are. Did the 2007 come with HID headlights? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction or explain to me what the differences are between the years from the 2006 models up to the 2009 models of the IS250. What packages did they offer and what did the packages include. Im looking at purchasing a 2007 IS250 AWD and would like to know what my options are. Did the 2007 come with HID headlights? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Try the search button, this has been answered repeatedly already, I know I've personally posted a year-by-year breakdown at least 3 or 4 times in threads.

And HIDs aren't standard on any year of 2IS, but were available optionally on all years.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
ok thanks. i tried to search earlier and it wasnt working.
Well, I can give you a quick off-the-top-of-my-head list:

06->07:

Switch to disable VSC/TRAC actualy does so (it came back on after 30 mph on 06s)

Shark fin for XM added

07->08:

Revised steering for better feel

Wheel finish changed to liquid graphite

Illuminated scuff plate color changed from blue to white

Revised seat-back shape for more rear legroom

Heated seats standard (on AWD 250s)

Coinholder added to dash

08-09:

This was the facelift year, ton of cosmetic changes inside and out (front/rear bumpers, illuminated side mirrors, different interior trim touches, Cashmere interior replaced with Ecru, etc)

Functional changes were pretty limited... the sunroof dial was removed for an old-style front/back switch... paddles now operate in D as well as S mode...

09->10:

XM now standard instead of optional
Bluetooth now available without buying nav
Nav system updated to join the 21 century (realtime traffic, HDD based system, etc)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things but that's the highlights

I don't believe the contents of the option packages changed significantly over the years, so you can look here to see them:

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html

Packages for AWD are basically either:

Premium (woodgrain plus vented front seats for 07-10; heated/vented for 06...)

or

Luxury without 18" wheels (buncha options described on the website)

Then there's a bunch of standalone options available (Nav, ML, Nav+ML, HIDs (optional by themselves 07-10, available only in the Lux package on 06), rear spoiler, PCS, park assist, headlight washers, etc)

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
So basically if im purchasing a 07 is250 AWD with navigation i will more then likely be getting HIDs?
No.

One has nothing to do with the other.

Navigation is a standalone option. It doesn't come with anything other than the navigation system.

(NOTE: Bluetooth and backup camera are part of the nav system).

A car can be a completely base model with absolutely no options whatsoever besides nav.

HIDs are available two ways on a 2007 model-

in the Luxury package (if it has memory seats it has the luxury package for AWD)

As a stand-alone option... that is, all by itself. Again, you could in theory have a completely base model with no options whatsoever besides HIDs.

To check for HIDs if the car doesn't have memory seats you'd use the multi-display selector to the left of the steering wheel and see if there's an option to turn AFS on/off. If so, you have HIDs.

The selector is the thing to the left of the steering wheel that looks kinda like this:

<o>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.