Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
minor or major?

im thinking about getting an 06 is350 but i personally dont know too much about the car. is there any difference between the years except for the added antenna in 07? any problems in the 06 i should watch for? also wondering if its possible to get an is350 under sticker or even under invoice? any help would be highly appreciated. thanks guys!!

im in southern california, so if you guys recommend me going somewhere to get more information thatd help as well. thanks!!

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
It's definitely possible to get a new IS350 close to invoice

As to differences-

from 06-07 big differences are the sharkfin antenna and the addition of the button to disable traction control/vsc... oh and availability of the X package I guess

From 07 to 08 the big differences are:

New wheel finish (liquid graphite)
Heavier steering feel (to be more BMWish)
New front seatbacks for more rear legroom
Illuminated scuff plates changed from blue to white
Coinholder (which is pretty crappy honestly)

New partway through 08 production (not available in early 08s, now available on "new" 08s):

Sirius radio (previously only XM available)

Ipod integration (not compatible w/sat radio, can be added to at least 07-08s, not sure about 06s)

Carpet on cashmere interior is now black instead of cashmere

I'm sure I left a few things out, but that's the major stuff off the top of my head

·
Registered
787 Posts
It's definitely possible to get a new IS350 close to invoice

As to differences-

from 06-07 big differences are the sharkfin antenna and the addition of the button to disable traction control/vsc... oh and availability of the X package I guess

From 07 to 08 the big differences are:

New wheel finish (liquid graphite)
Heavier steering feel (to be more BMWish)
New front seatbacks for more rear legroom
Illuminated scuff plates changed from blue to white
Coinholder (which is pretty crappy honestly)

New partway through 08 production (not available in early 08s, now available on "new" 08s):

Sirius radio (previously only XM available)

Ipod integration (not compatible w/sat radio, can be added to at least 07-08s, not sure about 06s)

Carpet on cashmere interior is now black instead of cashmere

I'm sure I left a few things out, but that's the major stuff off the top of my head
Great info! I was unaware of most of these differences but I like most of the them (I'm getting my '08 in two days - replacing my '07). The only change you listed above I don't like is the change of the color of the scuff plate from blue to white (I LOVED the blue)!

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
A lot of folks like the white, so I'd be surprised if you couldn't find someone with an older 2IS that was willing to swap... or if you really prefer blue and can't find someone willing to do it I suspect you could sell the white ones for pretty close to what a new blue set would cost you.... swapping the plates should take about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Well, maybe I should take that back and wait and see what the white looks like first... then I'll be looking at offers!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts