Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I remember reading a post a few weeks back about a gut that said he had the service and repair manual in PDF software form. He said he was trying to get a copy of the software online for everyone but I haven't heard anything since. :-? Anyone know who this guy is and if he really is planning on putting that file online so we can all share and use this key information individually???
ThanX

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
That would be illegal.

If you need something looked up in the manuals, let me know. I have the two service manuals and the wiring diagram for the IS.

·
Registered
67 Posts
manuals

How in the world is it illegal to share info on the internet?
that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard...
you know we should be a little tighter than that in this comunity.
When you see someone trying to do everyone else a favor you should think twice about busting his chops..........
I should know I'm the one that's supposedly doing "illegal" stuff..
anyways bro your answer is in the old thread hopefully we can get this resolved and maybe my info can help you out Thanks...............

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13325089

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Re: manuals

12DRIFT said:
How in the world is it illegal to share info on the internet?
It's illegal in that the manual has a copyright that is owned by Lexus/Toyota. If you publish it without permission then you are subject to criminal prosecution and lawsuits from Toyota.

You guys spent $32k on a new Lexus... now stop being cheap-asses and go spend the extra $200 for the manuals.

Talk about being penny wise and pound foolish. :roll:

·
Registered
67 Posts
copyright

Man if you knew anything about copyright laws you would know that you can copy and/or distribute small sections of anything printed as long as you're not making money off of it and that it is used for educational purposes. I'm in the printing business I should know.........
And BTW it's not like I've printed the whole manual which is for sale..
( Toyota would lose money )these are the sheets the dealer uses with all the exploded views of the IS300's parts and part numbers.
There's no technical nothing here. IT is not for sale cause it's worth nothing! you understand me now!

Anyways to anybody else besides Captain Copyright here Thanks for your help.
"And remember you spend $32k on the IS3 quit being cheap asses!"

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Re: copyright

12DRIFT said:
And BTW it's not like I've printed the whole manual which is for sale..
( Toyota would lose money )these are the sheets the dealer uses with all the exploded views of the IS300's parts and part numbers.
There's no technical nothing here. IT is not for sale cause it's worth nothing! you understand me now!
The example you're providing is different from the one that the original poster is talking about. :roll:

He wants the entire Service and Repair Manual in PDF form. :shame:

·
Registered
67 Posts
copyright

I think that's what it is cause even if I had the whole service manual beleive me I wouldn't do anything like that with it. I understand where you coming from about the manual but these are okay.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
quick said:
It's illegal in that the manual has a copyright that is owned by Lexus/Toyota. If you publish it without permission then you are subject to criminal prosecution and lawsuits from Toyota.

You guys spent $32k on a new Lexus... now stop being cheap-asses and go spend the extra $200 for the manuals.

Talk about being penny wise and pound foolish. :roll:
I was sort of with you on your first statement, but until you made this foken arrogant comment on people being a cheap asses on buying a 32k car and not going and dishing an extra $200 for a manual, that just wrong. YOu are a big LOOSER in my book buddy.
There is shit load of things going on everyday that are more illegal that few netters getting a copy of a service manual for sake.

·
Registered
144 Posts
krysdafur said:
u got a free printed version from lexus?
gimme u other one. pm me
yea they sent me to with a cd and everything ill have to try and find it cause i just recently moved. if i can find it just pay shipping and ill give it to u. try and call lexus care to see if they can send u one
800-255-3987

·
Registered
152 Posts
PeteNyce20 said:
yea they sent me to with a cd and everything ill have to try and find it cause i just recently moved. if i can find it just pay shipping and ill give it to u. try and call lexus care to see if they can send u one
800-255-3987
cool...let me know if u find it. thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
:bigSmile: Just a couple of questions -
1. The manual discussed above was for just a parts and price list (retail), not a service manual.
2. quick - mentions $ 200 for the manuals are these the Lexus service manuals?
3. I went to a Lexus Dealer in NH last week and the service guy told me they do not have hard copies of manuals - their techs get everything online through the Lexus Website (internal) only? is this a bunch of bull?
4. I purchased the Chiltons manual - it gives basic "Lexus" service but no details.
5 If someone knows where I can purchase a "LEXUS" service manual I would appreciate it.
Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
10 Participants
IS300NH
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing