Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
show everyone.
I basically advertise mine.
Its cool to have a sleeper and all -
but its also cooler to pull into a parking lot or whatever and hear people say 'thats a turbo IS..did you see that big ass intercooler'

·
Registered
492 Posts
apoji187 said:
show everyone.
I basically advertise mine.
Its cool to have a sleeper and all -
but its also cooler to pull into a parking lot or whatever and hear people say 'thats a turbo IS..did you see that big ass intercooler'
Us Californians dont really have that luxury. If the cops to catch you, you can bet those haters will.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
You have to cut the grill off- it's molded to the bumper.

The grill doesn't really provide much in the way of protection anyway, so damage from insects and rock chips will pretty much remain the same.

-C

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
Doublins is right. That mesh will no prevent little pebbles hitting the FMIC when you're traveling 80+mph and the pebble is traveling 50+ after being kicked up by some truck. The force of it will nick the intercooler despite it's small size and will easily fit through that mesh.

Show off your FMIC, be proud! I always stopped at a traffic light and people who pass me from left to right, right to left or go by me are all looking at the bottom bumper, checking it out and pointing! :p

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
BUT...

It's that big ass incomming projectile that you will want the stiff grill there to defend against. That big chunk of truck tire. That fist size wad of whatever that drops out the back of that truck in front of you. That a-hole who tossed out their 1/2 filled can of dip spit.

You get the point :)

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
redline814 said:
BUT...

It's that big ass incomming projectile that you will want the stiff grill there to defend against. That big chunk of truck tire. That fist size wad of whatever that drops out the back of that truck in front of you. That a-hole who tossed out their 1/2 filled can of dip spit.

You get the point :)
True, but what are the chances of some large object smashing into the FMIC? If anything, you have a much better chance of getting nailed by a can of dip spit on your stock bumper :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.