Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read that in one of the stickies- that our head lite sensors will be messed up and constantly ON due to the drop? is this true? was it hard to get them re-adjusted?

thanks!

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Err... what?

Please rephrase that in proper English, using caps and proper punctuation. Thank you.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ÜberPhLuBB said:
Err... what?

Please rephrase that in proper English, using caps and proper punctuation. Thank you.
ok...
will i have to re-align my headlights after i lower the vehicle?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
irv_usc said:
if they don't jack around with your sensors you don't have to adjust the autoaim sensor.
hold on..excuse my ignorance- but lemme get this right..when u lower your car- they mess around with your light sensor??? wtf? is it that close to the springs/shocks???

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
there is a sensor on the front and rear driver side suspension. There are plenty of pics floating around if you dont know what it looks like.

Often times, the installer puts this piece back on wrong and the headlights dont adjust correctly.

Its a quick fix if they dont get it right... your best bet is to point it out to them beforehand, and make sure they take note of how its supposed to be put on

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HoustonLex said:
there is a sensor on the front and rear driver side suspension. There are plenty of pics floating around if you dont know what it looks like.

Often times, the installer puts this piece back on wrong and the headlights dont adjust correctly.

Its a quick fix if they dont get it right... your best bet is to point it out to them beforehand, and make sure they take note of how its supposed to be put on
ok one more dummy question: what is the proper name for this sensor? i'm gonna look it up right now in here- but just in case i can't find it...
thanks all.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
simpdaddy said:
Auto-Leveling....How to FIX it.

It seems that most of the board members seem to be having this problem after they lower their car and not sure of how to fixt it. Here is how I have fixed it on my car and adviced others on how to fix it on their cars. I have my car dropped on TEIN HA coilovers. I did this when I had the Eibachs and TEIN High-Tech springs. So it does work.

First, Don't touch the front sensor. I for one have never made any adjustments on it nor do I want to. If you want, you can try. It's always nice to see other people wrench on their own cars to figure out probelms.

Work on the rear arm. Loosen the bolt and move the arm around to make the adjustments. It's not that hard and you probably won't even get dirty. On my car and LadyVenom, I had the black piece perpendicular to the silver. Some of you might have it a little more angled or not. Just depends on how low you drop your car. Move the black piece up and down accordingly to get the headlights to project out. Word of advice, it's better to do this at night so you can watch the lights adjust up and down. There's no need to raise the car either. Once you have them adjusted, tighten the bolt up. Make sure to hold on to the black piece when you do this. It will move down as you tighten it. I know it's a little uncomfortable when you're under the car but in the end you'll have headlights that project out and no auto-leveling sensor light on.

Hope this helps everyone.
http://www.is300.net/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&p=132919106

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Ok, my question is: moving the black part up or down moves the headlights which way, up or down? Like, if you move the black part up, which way do the headlights move?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bartkat said:
simpdaddy said:
Auto-Leveling....How to FIX it.

It seems that most of the board members seem to be having this problem after they lower their car and not sure of how to fixt it. Here is how I have fixed it on my car and adviced others on how to fix it on their cars. I have my car dropped on TEIN HA coilovers. I did this when I had the Eibachs and TEIN High-Tech springs. So it does work.

First, Don't touch the front sensor. I for one have never made any adjustments on it nor do I want to. If you want, you can try. It's always nice to see other people wrench on their own cars to figure out probelms.

Work on the rear arm. Loosen the bolt and move the arm around to make the adjustments. It's not that hard and you probably won't even get dirty. On my car and LadyVenom, I had the black piece perpendicular to the silver. Some of you might have it a little more angled or not. Just depends on how low you drop your car. Move the black piece up and down accordingly to get the headlights to project out. Word of advice, it's better to do this at night so you can watch the lights adjust up and down. There's no need to raise the car either. Once you have them adjusted, tighten the bolt up. Make sure to hold on to the black piece when you do this. It will move down as you tighten it. I know it's a little uncomfortable when you're under the car but in the end you'll have headlights that project out and no auto-leveling sensor light on.

Hope this helps everyone.
http://www.is300.net/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&p=132919106
this is great! a nice straight up answer with how-to's! thanks!!

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
so if i move the back bar w/ the lights on they should move also?

because thats not happening on my car......

the light came on and i did adjust the rear, and nothing happened, then i went off a day later, oly to come on again a week later.....

the lights still auto adjust , and the sensors do nothing but piss me off....how do i remove these things?

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
jupiterfish said:
so if i move the back bar w/ the lights on they should move also?

because thats not happening on my car......

the light came on and i did adjust the rear, and nothing happened, then i went off a day later, oly to come on again a week later.....

the lights still auto adjust , and the sensors do nothing but piss me off....how do i remove these things?
No, the lights won't move if you fiddle with one sensor arm. There is one in the front and one in the rear, it's the combination of movement between them that allows the vehicle to determine mow much to move and which direction.

If you can't get the sensor light to go off by adjusting the back one, adjust the front one. As far as I know, they should be set the same, unless you have a wierd drop.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
autoleveling bullshit. i'm better off taking the damn dash bulb out....

:pissed:

my car has been lowered for 18 mos, no problems then this bastard comes on out of nowhere.... i took both arms and adjusted then, light still on...

guess i'm gonna have to pay lexus $200 bucks to sneeze on this bullshit....

as i sit here with a g35 brochure on my desk :roll:

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Before you go to Lexus, try the front one. I don't recall if both have to be set a certain way, or if both just need to be set the SAME way. Try making them identical first. If that doesn't work, put the rear one back how it was before the issue started, and start playing with the front one until the light goes out.

It's also possible that one of them is on wrong. The fluted aluminum dogbone needs to be aligned vertically on both of them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts