Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed em at work...i couldnt wait till i got home to do it :lol: :oops:

I used flat black duplicolor engine enamel and 400grit sand paper. Just finished giving the car a full detailing with a whole lotta Meguairs stuff, waxed and buffed it with a 7" buffing wheel on my drill.

Misc pix

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
thats an excellent job

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the compliments guys :D

threequartersx2 said:
diggin your car man but that wing has got to go :bitching:
thats the Altezza's factory appearance package....it suits the car i feel

n2knee said:
can you tell me how to take off the fog lamps and the headlight lense
i used these links i found in the FAQ :wink:
http://home.attbi.com/~fusionmotorsports/Tutorials/FogTutorial/tutorial.htm

http://home.attbi.com/~fusionmotorsports/Tutorials/Headlights/headlighttutorial.htm

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
crap...the links were working just the other day :(.....you have to remove the front bumper...you need a flat head screw driver to remove 2 clips that hold the splash gaurds to the from and then grab the 10mm socket and remove one bolt from each side behind the splash gaurd that holds the bumper on and about 8 bolts that attatch the underbody panel to the front lip or bottom of the front bumper.

Once the bumper is off you can take the 10mm again and remove 2 nuts at the back of the headlights, need to get behind the splash guard for this, and then one is in plain sight in the engine bay.

Once those 2 nuts and one bolt ( :lol: ) and removed then the light comes out, disconnect the bulbs or just move the bulbs from the housing and leave them connected to the harness.

THe foglights are held on by 2 10mm bolts, remove those and it pops right out.

The lights are JDM 8) but now they look like the newer ALtezza headlights. I would come over but im kinda FAR away, but if you ever come here on a cruis or sumn bring the lights, turn around time of about 2hours for both lights....i like to take my time with things like this. I also read issues of the lights not resealing properly so i added some 3M Window Weld in with the glue......its been raining since i put in the lights....look dry as the sahara in there :)

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Sirnixalot said:
The lights are JDM 8) but now they look like the newer ALtezza headlights. I would come over but im kinda FAR away, but if you ever come here on a cruis or sumn bring the lights, turn around time of about 2hours for both lights....i like to take my time with things like this. I also read issues of the lights not resealing properly so i added some 3M Window Weld in with the glue......its been raining since i put in the lights....look dry as the sahara in there :)
Where's Cayman Island's @?

-Ringo

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.