Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pulling in my driveway today and rolling at like 5-10 mph and i meant to put my car in neutral to cruise but i went all the way to park and my car sorta skidded....do u think i could have damaged anything? if so what and how can i check? thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
OUCH man!

How did u get it into P while the car's moving anyway? Did u JAM it into park? :roll:

Anyway, there is a chance that u damaged the "PARK" gear. What I'd suggest is to shift thru all gears from P and see if u feel a harsh kick or abnormal vibrations. Also, shift it into P from each gear and see if its anymore difficult to do so than b4 the mishap.

My only other exp.w/parking gear failure was the tranny eventually could NOT get into or out of the PARK gear. GL

Also, make it a habit to use the E-brake when parking in addition to the P from now on, if ur not yet doing so, to save the P gear from extra stress.

·
Banned
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya....ouch is right....i just drove around for a little and nothing seems wrong, and i always use my e-brake when i park so ya....hopefully i didnt f*** anything up

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
JeffNaber said:
ya....ouch is right....i just drove around for a little and nothing seems wrong, and i always use my e-brake when i park so ya....hopefully i didnt f*** anything up
Yeah I did this accidentally also before. I was goin about 5-10 and I hit the brakes to slow down, and for some reason I put it in park before it could stop! I just a few clicking sounds, and it drove a little weird for about 10 seconds, but then it seemed normal. Hopefully I didn't f*** anything up either! :-?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
im help responsible for this too........i put the car in park before i came to a complete stop although never goin 5-10mph...........its kinda scary that the car just comes to such a quick stop although i think the car can handle it........if the car seems fine and you dont do this everyday then most likely it is fine :D

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have a solution for all of ya... trade in your e-shifts and get 5 speeds manuals :)

·
Banned
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a solution for all of ya... trade in your e-shifts and get 5 speeds manuals
i have a solution for you....umm hold on let me look for it....looking....looking...FOUND IT!!!....go f*** yourself. right?

·
Registered
212 Posts
JeffNaber said:
I have a solution for all of ya... trade in your e-shifts and get 5 speeds manuals
i have a solution for you....umm hold on let me look for it....looking....looking...FOUND IT!!!....go f*** yourself. right?
Why your parents allow you in public is beyond me. :roll:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Someone (a passenger) actually did it on accident while i was braking and going about 5mph into a parking spot. No biggie though. I'm sure lots of people have done it.

flproject13 said:
I have a solution for all of ya... trade in your e-shifts and get 5 speeds manuals :)
Working on it :lol:

·
Banned
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cb8586 said:
Another funny guy? and from Southlake Texas....of all people to try and talk...Christ....dont you have something better to do man? Wrangle some cattle or ride around on your horse? Keep your mouth shut you hick, your post is worthless :roll:

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
DegoIS said:
Someone (a passenger) actually did it on accident while i was braking and going about 5mph into a parking spot. No biggie though. I'm sure lots of people have done it.

flproject13 said:
Working on it :lol:
haha same here.

·
Registered
831 Posts
E-Shift blows hard imo. I mean if you have to do heavy city driving and stuff by all means e shift is probobly better idea, but 5 speed is ALOT sportier and I get better mileage with it :).

·
Registered
212 Posts
JeffNaber said:
cb8586 said:
Another funny guy? and from Southlake Texas....of all people to try and talk...Christ....dont you have something better to do man? Wrangle some cattle or ride around on your horse? Keep your mouth shut you hick, your post is worthless :roll:
Yes, I'll go ride around on my horse while roping cattle IN MY COMPLETELY URBANIZED AREA you dumbfuck. If you want to talk shit, you could at least know of what or where you are talking about. And considering I live in the most prestigious community within 50 miles, possibly more, of the Dallas/Fort Worth area, I guess that makes everyone in Texas a hick no matter what their educational or financial status may be. By your logic, people such as George Bush, Mark Cuban, and Pat Summerall (who lives less than a mile away) are all useless ********. Good call buddy.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Ya typical ass kids stereotype you based on where you live :shame:

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I got a e-shift because my car is a 2001. I like both trans and would like the 5 speed also. You know we don't have money to throw around so trading the car in for new one can be hard for some people.

I want to keep my car and get a manual but on a s2000 or a Mitau evo or a STI

·
Registered
128 Posts
flproject13 said:
E-Shift blows hard imo. I mean if you have to do heavy city driving and stuff by all means e shift is probobly better idea, but 5 speed is ALOT sportier and I get better mileage with it :).
Being in LA traffic where it takes me 45 minutes to drive the 8 miles to and from work...eShift makes a lot more sense. I REALLY wanted the 5 speed, but decided against it for this very reason. I got the 5-speed spoiler tho! :lol:

·
Registered
847 Posts
cb8586 said:
JeffNaber said:
cb8586 said:
Yes, I'll go ride around on my horse while roping cattle IN MY COMPLETELY URBANIZED AREA you dumbfuck. If you want to talk sh*t, you could at least know of what or where you are talking about. And considering I live in the most prestigious community within 50 miles, possibly more, of the Dallas/Fort Worth area, I guess that makes everyone in Texas a hick no matter what their educational or financial status may be. By your logic, people such as George Bush, Mark Cuban, and Pat Summerall (who lives less than a mile away) are all useless ********. Good call buddy.
sorry to interject but pres. bush is a useless *******... :D
you live near cuban AND summerall??? sweet...summerall and madden were a good duo...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Cleo said:
cb8586 said:
JeffNaber said:
cb8586 said:
Yes, I'll go ride around on my horse while roping cattle IN MY COMPLETELY URBANIZED AREA you dumbfuck. If you want to talk sh*t, you could at least know of what or where you are talking about. And considering I live in the most prestigious community within 50 miles, possibly more, of the Dallas/Fort Worth area, I guess that makes everyone in Texas a hick no matter what their educational or financial status may be. By your logic, people such as George Bush, Mark Cuban, and Pat Summerall (who lives less than a mile away) are all useless ********. Good call buddy.
sorry to interject but pres. bush is a useless *******... :D
you live near cuban AND summerall??? sweet...summerall and madden were a good duo...
Yeah, I agree with Bush being useless. I used to be a big supporter, but since there are no WMD's in Iraq, I believe that he bullshitted the entire country, not to mention the other pressing issues at hand.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Taz said:
You should use the brake more often then. Don't know why people drive automatics like a 5 spd....
ya that's what i was trying to say. Some people want 5 speeds so badly that they drive autos like sticks lol :chill:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts