Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
That looks amazing dude! Great work. What did you use?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Absolutely beautiful :approve:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah looks really good, what did you use? Mothers?

Reactions: Squareback

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Looks great... Who makes that valvecover?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
looks great man. now you have to tell us all how you did it. do i hear DIY writeup? lol +REP

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks great man. now you have to tell us all how you did it. do i hear DIY writeup? lol +REP
Sophie already has a DIY write up somewhere. i just followed that.

i just used tons of sand paper, elbow grease then mothers polish. i started with a 80grit then went all the way up til 1500grit. im happy with how it came out. its not shop perfect but it'll do.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Looks good Ray. I bet all those nooks and crannies took some time to do.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
looks really nice!!

·
Boostin in the 505
2,242 Posts
Looks great man. This takes so much time and effort. I got all of my parts down to a brushed aluminum look and then said F-it and left them at that :bigSmile: +rep

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks good Ray. I bet all those nooks and crannies took some time to do.
thanks Al. as you know, its alot of work. the turbo was actually easier than i thought. i did it the lazy man way. i left it in the car and just went to work on it with the paper.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks great man. This takes so much time and effort. I got all of my parts down to a brushed aluminum look and then said F-it and left them at that :bigSmile: +rep
i think the intake mani and the y pipe took the longest. maybe 3 days right there. but once you have down to brushed it only takes a little more from there. i think the key is to start with a really rough grit. i like starting with a 80grit then go up in steps from there

1 - 16 of 16 Posts