Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had headlight film added to my silver ISF headlights to protect it against debris. I was originally going to have the clear film done, but at the last moment, I changed my mind and had the blue tint done. What do you all think? Half of me really likes the tint (at night, the HID headlights look awesome), the other half makes me think I cheapened the look of the car. I took two quick photos using my cell phone. I have 7 days to change my mind and have the installer put the clear film on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
I'd say switch to clear, otherwise the car looks great with the black pearl emblems and tint.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Looks fine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
honestly...

I am not really liking it.. I say leave it as is for now.. :) ... But then again, that's just my opinion.. :suspiciou

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I'm not feeling it right now...

If you want something different... maybe you can use the holographic film the Ferrari Enzo has?

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
I have the Aerotect Optic Blue on my IS350 Heads & Fogs..!!

I Love it.. and I think it looks great on your IS-F

You should have the Fogs done in Blue to match or in Yellow for that JDM Look... :approve:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the feedback, the blue tints are coming off tonight. The holographic tint idea sounds intriguing...I am going to do more research on that.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
I think it looks terrible, you should cut your losses and give the car to me :)

JK, it looks fine, I would have just used clear but it's all personal preference.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
I say leave it... Just my opinion...

It looks soo much better with the Blue...

Here is my car and my new friends IS-F... :cool:

My car has Aerotect Optic Blue and the IS-F has clear on heads & yellow on fogs.

Here you go Joe:

Javier

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re

People seem to be split on the blue tint...even the employees at the tint shop were split on whether it looked good or not. Half of the employee thought it look awesome, the other half thought it cheapened the car and made it look like an Evo or Nissan Z. I guess it is one of those things that you either really like or really dislike.

I must admit though, at night with the HIDs on, the blue tint really enhances the lights.

The pics that JoeZ provided, look good. I will leave them on for a few more days and see if I change my mind.

BTW- I just got back from lunch at Subway, and some kids on the parking lot were admiring my car especially the lights and asked if it was the new Evo. That definitely got me thinking.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Not my bag of tea.

·
Registered
747 Posts
i say if it was a blue IS then maybe...its not to bad but i wouldnt have it on my car...put clear ones on and change the fogs to yellow : )

·
Runs on Rice
2,900 Posts
BTW- I just got back from lunch at Subway, and some kids on the parking lot were admiring my car especially the lights and asked if it was the new Evo. That definitely got me thinking.
New Evo? Is he half blind? How he missed the gigantic Lexus emblem on the grill?

Tell him, "No, it's the new Porsche 911 tubo." Just for kicks.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
I like it! I do however think it would only look good on the silver IS. Otherwise it would be tacky.

Either way you decide to go, clear or blue it'll look good coming down the road!

Plus people will look at your sweet ride vs. the light overlays. But no it's not tacky at all.

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
I dont think it cheapens the car. I like it. I would do the fogs in blue as well. It will look more insync with the front. Then maybe you wll like it more.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts