Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok serious time! Due to popular demand we are having the whole meet at Fudruckers. This is for 2 reasons:

1. Increased turnout and mall security - We've had dinner meets at Fudruckers before and the management has always been nice and never had a problem with us standing around in their parking lot. If the weather isn't bad we could have 50+ cars, if we have the meet at a restaurant people can eat first and we won't be loitering when we stand around outside.
2. Weather - If it's 50 degrees outside having somewhere warm (with free refills) to go stand and talk in will be pretty nice.

I called Fudruckers just a minute ago and let them know we would be coming and reserved the back room. They're open till 11pm. The only problem I think people might have is parking:

Each one of those blue boxes is 5 parking spots. Just around the front ot Fudds there are almost 65 spots, and down the alley to What-a-burger there are 35. Even if 75 cars show up some people can go eat and park at What-a-burger. I know this isn't the ideal situation but it should work out just fine!

So if you want to come and have dinner be there at 8:00 if not 9:00.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good turnout. The trip to Mexico was all worth it. Bounced from Fudruckers to Burlington Coat factory parking lot and then to Mexico. Mostly Evo's and WRX's and Nissans. A white stock Skyline GTS came out. I was the lone Lexus to represent. Oh well, that's the way the Lexus scene operates.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Good turnout. The trip to Mexico was all worth it. Bounced from Fudruckers to Burlington Coat factory parking lot and then to Mexico. Mostly Evo's and WRX's and Nissans. A white stock Skyline GTS came out. I was the lone Lexus to represent. Oh well, that's the way the Lexus scene operates.
When? I got there at nine with the rest of the DFWMazda turn out, and there were three Evos there. A coupla guys that I think were from RKC turned out as well, and they were telling us that the organizers basically had no idea how to put a meet together. The highlight of the night was two Evo Xs, and us Mazda guys did a quick cruise that ended us up in McKinney. Along with that is a video of two 2.3 Mazda3s going wide open, and me handily rolling by them in fifth gear from a 60 roll.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The parking lot at Fudruckers got too full so they moved to GVM mall just before 9pm. We stayed at GVM mall until 930pm. That's when the security peeps told everyone to leave. The orginizers didn't heed all the warnings about putting together the meet over there but oh well. I was rolling with the EVO club. We went back to Fudruckers after a short cruise to meet up with the rest of the EVO guys that includes the two EVO X's. After that we went on another cruise. The meet was failed because of the sorry organizations but the highlight of the night was the cruise and hang out with the EVO crew. My nephew has an EVO 9 and they like to cruise.

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
Well, had this dang web site not been down all weekend I would have seen this and most likely would have showed. Oh well!!!

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
I was wondering what the heck happened to the site. Couldn't log on to update it.
Apparently when the site got bought the domain name wasnt included so it was pointing to some old servers that didnt exist anymore. DOH!!!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Apparently when the site got bought the domain name wasnt included so it was pointing to some old servers that didnt exist anymore. DOH!!!!
I kept thinking there was something wrong with my computer or something. It's good to have it back online.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts