Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after having these on my wish list for the last couple of years, I finally went to order them today and noticed the Dezod website had changed and after looking around I could not find anything for the IS300. I called them up and left a message, and got a text back saying the headers are at least three months out and will be discontinued this year. As the conversation progressed, I asked to get on a wait list and shared my willingness to put a deposit down, and was told the IS300 community was a nightmare to deal with and they had no desire to continue producing these headers.

Does anyone have any insight into what transpired here? I'm wanting to keep my 2002 NA and was hoping the green headers augment my Apexi N1 and complete the exhaust portion of this build.

Are there any comparable headers still available - it looks like the Figs are available with a 5 week lead time, but don't really know how those compare to the Dezod ones.

Any feedback is appreciated...thanks!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the reason that this community is a nightmare, is because he had subpar customer service.

BTW, Figs/PPE headers are the best on the market. If you search around for Lexus vehicles, PPE is the one that makes the most power and has the best quality. As the saying goes: You get what you pay for. Buy a OBX header and see how long it lasts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
search. all of your answers can be found if you search.

be glad he didnt take your money. figs is far more deserving of your hard earned cash.
I appreciate your response, but searching for 'dezod headers' doesn't get me any answers, instead pages of threads of people that seem to be happy with these headers. If you have a particular thread you think would be enlightening to the issues with Dezod, I'm all ears but the generic reply that I should use the search function is pretty worthless and off-putting to be honest. I'm not looking to be spoon fed but this is a discussion forum not a wiki page. While I have been lurking here on my.is for years, I recently purchased my second IS300 and would like to take a more active role in this community, but don't have the luxury to read up on 10 years of posts before I can create threads and make posts to your liking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as I'm concerned, you only need to read through two pages to learn all you need to know:

https://www.my.is/forums/f114/don-t-buy-anything-dezod-606113/

Oh, take a look at his google reviews, also...
Thank you for the link - fwiw when searching for 'dezod headers' this thread was on page three of the results, vs the bottom of page one when searching for 'dezod'. I appreciate you taking the time to link this post and update it with your experience. :smile2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, so it's a nightmare to deal with people who actually want to receive what they pay for? Good riddance.
Yeah, I thought it was a bit strange he would come out swinging to a stranger in a text message, so I was curious what the hell happened as a couple years ago Dezod seemed to be highly recommended. Sucks that his business has taken a turn for the worse, but thanks for the insight and warnings.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm pretty sure that the reason that this community is a nightmare, is because he had subpar customer service.

BTW, Figs/PPE headers are the best on the market. If you search around for Lexus vehicles, PPE is the one that makes the most power and has the best quality. As the saying goes: You get what you pay for. Buy a OBX header and see how long it lasts.
Any suggestions for best headers on the market with cats? I unfortunately live in a county with emission inspections, so not sure how likely I would be able to get the PPE ones to pass.

The sticky header thread seems mostly out of date with discontinued parts, so forgive my ignorance if I missed something obvious.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Any suggestions for best headers on the market with cats? I unfortunately live in a county with emission inspections, so not sure how likely I would be able to get the PPE ones to pass.

The sticky header thread seems mostly out of date with discontinued parts, so forgive my ignorance if I missed something obvious.
Nope. I don't know if you have a visual inspection but if you don't then you could just run a simulator to spoof the rear o2 sensors.

Your best bet might to just get a stock replacement one. There's plenty on eBay.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I appreciate your response, but searching for 'dezod headers' doesn't get me any answers, instead pages of threads of people that seem to be happy with these headers. If you have a particular thread you think would be enlightening to the issues with Dezod, I'm all ears but the generic reply that I should use the search function is pretty worthless and off-putting to be honest. I'm not looking to be spoon fed but this is a discussion forum not a wiki page. While I have been lurking here on my.is for years, I recently purchased my second IS300 and would like to take a more active role in this community, but don't have the luxury to read up on 10 years of posts before I can create threads and make posts to your liking.
okay, lets try this again. learn how to use google. type this into google 'dezod site:my.is'

type it in exactly as how i have it without the quotes. it will limit your results to only this site. does that response work for you?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
okay, lets try this again. learn how to use google. type this into google 'dezod site:my.is'

type it in exactly as how i have it without the quotes. it will limit your results to only this site. does that response work for you?
In the future you can just ignore my posts - does that response work for you? Quite the view you must have up there on your high horse...

·
Registered
542 Posts
If it helps I can tell you my experience.

Cliffnotes: pretty high quality, nice gains, great sound, short lived.

The story:
I loved the greens and was excited to buy and install them but obviously the sticker shock was an aspect too. They didn't come well packaged or protected but seemed in fine shape none the less. First impression was total quality. After installing them I did have issues with the y pipe hitting the corner of the transmission cross member at certain RPMs, despite doing every adjustment and reinstall method I could think of. I bit of filing took care of it. Noticeable gains after adding greens, even with a stock catback exhaust, could feel the extra power and the sound was awesome (aggressive but not loud).

Fast forward 3 years and both catalytic converters were dead. Throwing codes, smelling like 200k+ miles on heavily abused stock cats. I have my own suspicion that some blow by, potential burning oil and lower compression might have contributed to the accelerated demise but I put used, high mileage stock manifold back on 18 months ago and it hasn't had a single hiccup. I don't think I'm the only one who had short lived cat issues.

Reached out to Dezod last year. They offered to send replacement cats for 300, but I couldn't find a welder who wanted my money. otherwise 3 weeks turnaround and 500 + shipping to send headers back and have cats replaced. Was in the process of saving for my wedding so I opted to wait and am currently still running stock manifold. Now debating on cutting out a cat, taking some measurements and looking for potential aftermarket replacements.

Sorry for the novel. Don't think i've posted this up anywhere else. Sad to hear there is bad blood now. I wasn't taken back by a lack of customer service but I got my headers 5 years ago and didn't really do business with them after that. I did find myself hoping there was a bit more attached to the price tag though. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That post is me. I am coming up on a year of Dezod having my money with no end in sight. he stopped responding to me asking for updates in april and will not respond to anything I say asking for refund. Do NOT buy anything from him. advise anyone in the BRZ/FRS/GT86 community to avoid as well because fucking over people doesnt tend to be a Car model specific type of action. If anyone wants more pictures and interacts with him let me know, I've been blowing up his Fb page with reviews and commenting on his stuff.

I may not ever get my headers.... But I will get my $1150 worth of his business to disappear. More if I can.

Cheers,
Gabe

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts