Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry just saw this but Lexus put on your headers? Lol.. I didn't know they put on aftermarket parts.. Some shops over here on the east coast will only let you use their parts.. never would have thought the Lexus dealer puts on headers lol. Must have been big bucks $$

·
Registered
93 Posts
I too had the same issue. The downpipe/flex pipe hits the trans cross-member if tucked up like stock piping. I had to turn the pipe downwards to avoid the cross-member from rubbing. There's slight clearance now but the pipe hangs lower than rails when the stock pipe didn't. No rattling like the OP though, probably due to my new Xcessive motor mounts(stiff). But my Apexi N1 exhaust now is angled inwards & close to rubbing bumper due to the Dezod flex pipe. Granted I know aftermarket does not fit perfect like OEM but the header flex pipe could be improved on for better fitment overall. I will be taking my car to an exhaust shop to see if I can get better clearance/fitment.

*Update*
Took car to a local exhaust shop. Removed flex pipe & replaced with a small resonator to kill raspy tone at high rpm I was experiencing. Also had the rear section re-aligned so my Apexi muffler tip wouldn't be as close to cut out on rear bumper. Exhaust tone is much better. This header isn't perfect but compared to the stock setup its a big improvement overall.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts