Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. So I just purchased a used Dezod green header setup and it doesn’t come with any of the gaskets. Does anyone know what gaskets are needed also what ones do you suggest so it doesn’t leak? Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You're gonna want to get Toyota OEM ones. They're really nice MLS (multi-layered steel) and they do what they need to.

Avoid fel-pro and anything aluminum related.

eBay listing:

or Amazon (However as of this post reply, you may need to go to another seller as the main seller only has one, when you need two):

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks DH so for the gasket at the end of the flex pipe I take it use a new flat oem ring style gasket and for the new axel back use a new oem doughnut style gasket as well.

·
Registered
230 Posts
So the thing with aftermarket headers is the mating portion to the OEM y-pipe and remaining exhaust is compatibility. I cheaped out on my headers and looking back, not necessarily worth it since the surface to the y-pipe was incompatible, and have to always maintain a seal with a high temp sealant. I know Dezod stuff is more expensive, so I don't know if the mating surface accounts for the donut-style OEM gaskets like the stock headers do. If you don't know, take a look, you'll see the OEM headers have an indentation for the system.

That goes for any other portion of the exhaust system as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts