Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Class III Aficionado
21,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Wow, nice tutorial... I know a handful of people on this site have show cars, but I'm sure there are people like me who don't own a buffing unit. Any advice to achieve similar results? I know Meguiar's has cleaner/polish/wax set (doesn't require a unit), input? I usually hand wash/wax every week, clay bar every few months, but nothing this serious. Anything in between what I'm doing right now and buying a unit, to achieve a little better results?

Any input from the OP or any other members is welcome. :)
dont wax your car every week. wax it 2 times a year, after winter to remove all the salt etc and after summer to remove pollen etc. use a quick detailer after washes to give you the just waxed effect. when the quick detailer becomes blurry on the car then you will know its time for a good wax job.

·
Registered
268 Posts
do u need to change to different pads when changing between cleaners and waxes etc? For example do i need a polishing pad specifically for the cleaner and then another one for the polisher or could i reuse the same one?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Wow I love meguiar but I just saw meguiar products I didnt even know existed. They make everything lmfao.

·
Banned
39 Posts
What do you guys with the Sport Design IS300's with the white seats use to keep your leather white? I got the leather cleaner from Lexus and it didn't really do much.

·
Registered
137 Posts
my .02... after thoroughly cleaning out the wheel well, let it dry, then (after taping off all the important stuff) give it a nice coat of cheap Krylon Satin Black Spray Paint... only need to do it about once a year... makes it look brand spankin new.. be careful tho, dont come yelling to me when you have the nozzle turned the wrong way and you have a streak of black spraypaint down the side of your car :neener: :shush:

EDIT: by the way, great freakin' write up haha

·
Registered
93 Posts
Any suggestions on getting years of caked on bug residue off the front of the car? Soap and Sponge is just not cutting it. Clay bar?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Awesome thread

I did the Meguiar's path and it's looking nice (minus clay bar) the car is looking super shiny.

Porter Cable 7424xp is a must, gives the car the "new paint look"

I would post pics, but I'm sad after I backed the car out of the drive way the clutch line started to leak, I believe it's the slave cylinder that gave up....It couldn't handle the Figs + SS line with the intense driving! :mgun:

·
Banned
39 Posts
I use this shimmering polish and it by far is the best look and shiniest look I have seen. It is also environmentally friendly and contains no harsh ingredients.

Auto Works Shimmering Polish

I also use this tire shine. I personally don't like the real wet and artificial look some of the meguires tire shine gives your car so I use this. It is better and gives it more of a natural realistic look.

Auto Works Tire Shine

I also use this interior cleaner for my leather etc. It is also all natural and environmentally friendly so you don't have to worry about your leather cracking up. It also gives off a good scent.

Auto Works Interior Cleaning Spray

I have pictures of my car in the inside out section. Car is very clean inside out. Just thought I'd let yall know about these great products!

·
Registered
79 Posts
just to throw out a helping hand, this forum:

truthindetailing.com has TONS of useful help information and a lot of seasoned detailers who give great advice.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Great write up. I have a newbie question. Let's say you detail your car and a month later it's dirty and you wash it. Do you have to polish and wax again? How do you know when to polish and wax? Thanks.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts
About this Discussion
76 Replies
67 Participants
ericwudi0830
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing