Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
other great product lines if you know a distributor are Mark 5 products ( with the roman numeral sign for 5), PRO products from BAF industries, Auto Magic, and Auto Glym. PRO and Mark 5 are based in SO Cal and Auto Glym is based out of england. i no longer distribute any of the product lines but have ways of getting them if anybody knows of there products and know what they want.

this is the guy to talk to if you want mark 5 or auto glym products! tell him you are a friend of CASS and he will set you up with the BEST! stuff that you can buy in any store!
Radiant Auto Supply
P.O. Box 723
Brentwood
TN 37027
USA

Tel: 001 615 342 0098 - Murray D/L 001 615 342 0098
Fax: 00 1 615 321 9112
e-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
BTW work the WHEELS, WHEEL WELLS AND ENGINE BAY FIRST!!! If you use a degreaser on these parts and get them onto your newly waxed paint you will need to rewax the area. I suggest that you do this first before you wash the car in preparation to claying polishing waxing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
What happens if a use a lower speed buffer like a 3200opm? am I gonna damage my paint? or Am I not gonna have the same result as the 5200 ones.. what happens if I use a higher setting like 10,000 opm?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
How come you're using the Absorber and the Meguair’s Water Magnet?

I agree with all this stuff (I did skim a lot of it I admit, but it seemed legit from my experience) :)

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Also beware of buffers until you get good with them, otherwise you can do more harm than good. If you get an opportunity have a Meguiar’s Rep. show you how to use all there products. Can be interesting and helpful :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
...When removing scratches, you will always start with the lowest intensity products first and work your way up. In this case, you are going to begin with Meguiar’s #2 Fine-cut Cleaner (first with a normal polishing pad, then with a foam cutting pad)...
Hey guys, wondering this step here, when you mention first the normal polishing pad, then w/ a foam cutting pad, do you mean I would apply the #2 Fine-Cut Cleaner with the polishing pad first, then apply the #2 again with the foam cutting pad? or am I getting it wrong? any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks! aight peace :peace:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Hey guys, wondering this step here, when you mention first the normal polishing pad, then w/ a foam cutting pad, do you mean I would apply the #2 Fine-Cut Cleaner with the polishing pad first, then apply the #2 again with the foam cutting pad? or am I getting it wrong? any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks! aight peace :peace:

Hey, I can field this one.

When using any CUTTING compound, you want to use a CUTTING pad. Use the foam cutting pads with cutting compounds because the cutting pad gives that safe-extra abrasiveness you want.

After those steps, you move on to the Polishing and Waxing stages- in which you then want a gentler pad - - i.e. a Polishing pad.

You're going to use a cutting pad with #2 finer cut cleaner, and if you need a little more abrasiveness for larger imperfections, step it up to #1 med. cut cleaner.

Thanks,
Mike

Oh, DrunkenMonkey - if you're ever down in New Orleans - hit me up. I definitely owe you a great meal at one of NOLA's world renowned restaurants.

The last 14 months at AAC really taught me a lot about paint work, and clearcoat. This little thread just made everything else that much more perfect.

Oh, and my customers LOVE IT! + rep ... hit me up if you're ever down here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey, I can field this one.

When using any CUTTING compound, you want to use a CUTTING pad. Use the foam cutting pads with cutting compounds because the cutting pad gives that safe-extra abrasiveness you want.

After those steps, you move on to the Polishing and Waxing stages- in which you then want a gentler pad - - i.e. a Polishing pad.

You're going to use a cutting pad with #2 finer cut cleaner, and if you need a little more abrasiveness for larger imperfections, step it up to #1 med. cut cleaner.

Thanks,
Mike

Oh, DrunkenMonkey - if you're ever down in New Orleans - hit me up. I definitely owe you a great meal at one of NOLA's world renowned restaurants.

The last 14 months at AAC really taught me a lot about paint work, and clearcoat. This little thread just made everything else that much more perfect.

Oh, and my customers LOVE IT! + rep ... hit me up if you're ever down here.
Aw man... I just ordered polishing pads and finish pads, because according to Meguiars, they recommended me to just stick to polishing pads for those 2 instead of a cutting pad... oh well... thanks anyways man! aight peace :peace:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, nice tutorial... I know a handful of people on this site have show cars, but I'm sure there are people like me who don't own a buffing unit. Any advice to achieve similar results? I know Meguiar's has cleaner/polish/wax set (doesn't require a unit), input? I usually hand wash/wax every week, clay bar every few months, but nothing this serious. Anything in between what I'm doing right now and buying a unit, to achieve a little better results?

Any input from the OP or any other members is welcome. :)

21 - 40 of 77 Posts
About this Discussion
76 Replies
67 Participants
ericwudi0830
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing