Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are the detailing services which are provided by Lexus dealers? I got a notice from Lexus of Richmond Hill in regards to their detailing packages.

They are offering the Presidential Package for $199.95 and the Executive Package for $89.95.

Reactions: Johnnysks

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
i've always heard some bad stories with "detailing" packages in dealerships.
Either they forget to do something, leave the mats soaking wet, excess wax....etc.
I'm gonna be bringing my IS to a specialized professional detail shop.

but then again, your dealership may be different

·
Registered
159 Posts
i've always heard some bad stories with "detailing" packages in dealerships.
Either they forget to do something, leave the mats soaking wet, excess wax....etc.
I'm gonna be bringing my IS to a specialized professional detail shop.

but then again, your dealership may be different
I hear you, When i went in to test drive the IS, i decided to take a look at the detailing area..and they had a new ls460 black. the guy was wiping it down then grabbed a old dirty rag from the ground and started wiping it all over the car. I had tears...

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
ya, ive seen it at work. The PDI guys sometimes forget to do shit.

not gonna lie, I sometimes forget to lube the doors and top up the washer fluid =(

·
Registered
40 Posts
i used to work with detailers from don valley lexus. they do a really good job, due to the fact that its extremly demanding there. as well, i know the guys that do the cars, they usually turn out great, except for the few times where they forget to buff out the wax in certain spots.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We don't have the numbers for Group Buys on most things. People try to organize stuff and what... maybe 5 people sign up? In order to get group buys... we need a good strong 20 cars or so to sign up for a particular thing.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
What are you guys trying to GB?

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
ya..... GB on detailing? WTF??

dude. GB's work when a retailer or distributor is trying to MOVE OUT parts......

detailing requires the SAME AMOUNT OF LABOUR AND WORK no matter how many or few cars you have. So why would a Lexus dealer give you a deal if it costs him the same amount of $ if 10 regular customers walked off the street?????

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Yeah I agree with Lexusecutive, especially at a dealership they won't really care for that sort of thing.

If you were to go to specialized shop then thats a different story. They may be willing to do it in order to bring in more business in the future.

Remember a member on here went to a guy named Kaval to get some detailing done and he posted up pics? I think Kaval was willing to work something on a deal. Hes on these forums as well.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sunny is just hoping that there will be power in numbers... and that there could be a discount for detailing "somewhere"... not necessarily a Lexus dealer. I doubt a Lexus dealer would do a GB for that.

But... it is possible to get GB's for services. I remember talking to a Krown Rust Proofing shop... and they said they offered higher discounts for groups. But they required atleast 12-15 cars I believe.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
crester. again. rustproofing is different....they make all their money because they can MOVE product....ie move rustproofing crap.

DETAILING IS LABOUR INTENSIVE!!!!!

i don't understand how u ppl don't get that???!!! that labour intensive stuff doesn't work w/ the CONCEPT of a group buy!!!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sure it's possible to get a group buy somewhere for detailing if you have large enough numbers. I'm not saying I'm planning one... but I wouldn't dismiss the idea either.

If you are a business... would you rather clean 10 cars for $80 or 2 for $100?

Oh... and rust proofing may not be as labour intensive as detailing but it still involves work. They jack up the car... spray underneath... drill holes in the panels... spray oil in... and wash off your car. There's still a decent amount of labour involved.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
i dunno man. i don't see it from a business perspective how that's better.

Anyhow, good luck on the detailing GB. you should all detail your cars yourself!!!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I'm going to take my car to Mr. Steam Clean in Markham. I went to them when I first got my car and they made my car look like new.

It's just that this week I received the flyer in the mail from Lexus of Richmond Hill advertising their detailing services. So I'm wondering how good they are. The discount for detailing cars at Lexus of RH ends March 31st.

·
Registered
40 Posts
hmmmmm i wonder why everyone is detailing their car in the winter lol, after 1 week its gonna get all dirty again, i'd personally wait until spring or so

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah I agree with Lexusecutive, especially at a dealership they won't really care for that sort of thing.

If you were to go to specialized shop then thats a different story. They may be willing to do it in order to bring in more business in the future.

Remember a member on here went to a guy named Kaval to get some detailing done and he posted up pics? I think Kaval was willing to work something on a deal. Hes on these forums as well.
Hey! thanks for remembering me! I do detailing and will be providing mobile services in the Spring. Please PM me if you are interested as I don't want to violate any rules.

Lexusexecutive is right though. Giving discounts on group buys for detailing services is very hard as it takes the same amount of time per car (if not more). There's really a limit to how much you can discount without selling yourself short. I always appreciate it when clients understand this.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts