Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting an IS350 in the Desert Sage. Main reason is because "Green" was my mother's favorite color and in her memory- she passed away on March 30, 2005 I wanted this color.

Has anyone seen this color in person?

Thanks.

Ken
San Pedro, CA

·
Registered
473 Posts
It's sick. Way different than any other color. Actually when I went to test drive this was the color I jocked the most out of everything..

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
KenBT, PLEASE make sure you see it in person before purchasing it.

Desert Sage is a VERY polarizing shade of green. Frankly, I hated it with a passion when I saw it in pictures, and hated it even more when I saw it "in the metal" at the New York Press Preview this summer. I think the majority of people dislike it, and Race Related Moderator METEORO's wife colorfully described it as the color of her daughter's poop when she was 4 months old.

Having said that, Lexus IS chief engineer Suguya Fukusato says it's his favorite IS color, and it's my understanding that those drab, olivy greens are popular in Germany as well.

Sorry, but it gets two thumbs down from me.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Saw it in person and it's a nice color; check it out for yourself of course, before making that purchase.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the various opinions- I hope I get more!

I will definitely have to see Desert Sage in person- my local dealer South Bay Lexus will call me when one comes in. If I can't wait to see it- I might have to drop by Longo or Cerritos Lexus.

All I know is if I do get Desert Sage- my future IS350 will definitely get looks.

Keep those replies coming and Thanks Again.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I think its an interesting color. I like it but I wouldnt own it. Definitely a nice color and if you can see yourself in the car, by all means.

I also really like the Blue Onxy Pearl, Breakwater blue and Matador Red :yummy:

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
I like it...

It reminds me of that upscale color that came on the 95-97 LS400's we called "money green" :)

its like a light green grey with a hint of tan.

That would be my choice!

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
I'm not into green color very much, but it's not a bad color. I think Desert Sage will go nicely with black leather or black leather with perforated inserts. But like everyone said check it out first and decide to honor your moms' favorite color. :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
ive not seen it in person, but it looks great in pictures for what its worth. if i had to repaint my car, id actually go with that color choice.....its def my fav of all the colors available.

i remember seeing the jade green color of the new rx330 but i dont see many of those.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Michael said:
I think if your motives are green for the stated reasons, you don't have any other choice! :)

Here's a pic from the Chicago event:

Is that Harper College?

Where would you recommend picking up an IS in the area? I was thinking of heading over to Arlington Heights to the Lexus/Acura dealership out there...

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Michael said:
I think if your motives are green for the stated reasons, you don't have any other choice! :)

Here's a pic from the Chicago event:

That looks like puke, literally!

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Spazdoc said:
Is that Harper College?

Where would you recommend picking up an IS in the area? I was thinking of heading over to Arlington Heights to the Lexus/Acura dealership out there...

The Taste of Lexus was in the Arlington Heights area. Regarding delaerships? If I you were you I'd check all the dealerships in the zipcode nearest you and start a discount war! :) I've had luck with McGrath and Bredemann, but I live in Indianapolis now. Good luck on whatever you decide!

·
11,061 Posts
I haven't seen it in person, but I would get the tan interior with it...

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
it will be a low production color, that will appeal to a select few, like EJM or ASP. Having said that, since it will be sorta rare, the enthusiasts will crave it 3-4 yrs from now when its not available. Just like the SBM, EJM , etc, etc, etc...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts