Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the our IS' will be worth once the MANUAL comes out????

ofcourse alot of external factors are relevant...but for arguments sake...lets say the car has about 15K miles and is still in great condition otherwise...

I really want to switch into the manual and would like to know how feasible it will be....any help will be much appreciated...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would not really worry about the resale. I mean...you have to remember that the people on this forum are a SMALL cross section of Lexus owners. We are the pure enthusiasts. So, in our mind the manual is going to be real hot. BUT, automatics are still more popular and actually probably easier to sell to the general public.

Now..this doesn't mean that I wouldn't love a manual...but hey...after driving a stick for 8 years...a slush box is relazing.

later,
Chris

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
yep, I wanted a manual for my 4-runner, but the automatic they had on the lot came with some options not available for the manual without ordering, and we had to buy right away in order to get it at fleet price. But now i guess i'm happy with the automatic, especially on long drives into the hills or to "Smell-A". When I get my "performance" car though, it will have to be manual.

------------------
MAD

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay... SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP

i want to sell my IS once the manual comes out...Can anyone somewhat accurately predict how much I will need to save in order to switch into the manual??????????

·
8,107 Posts
new IS300s are going for about $600+ over invoice right now. So probably your 1 year old car with 15k miles will be worth about $2000 less than that, ($29,000 fully loaded). If you sell it on your own, that's the best you can hope for. If you trade it to Lexus, they'll probably offer about $26,000, leaving them $3000 in markup. Just my guess. And a loaded manual should cost about $30,000 new. If you trade, you get the tax credit for the value, so you won't pay much tax at least.

Originally posted by TicaLis300:
okay... SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP

i want to sell my IS once the manual comes out...Can anyone somewhat accurately predict how much I will need to save in order to switch into the manual??????????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
ckolsen
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing