Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a 2001 Used IS300 soemtime early next year and i'm curious to what you guys would think that the price would be for one. On Edmunds.Com right now, the TMV for the New 2001 is only 27500. TMV is true market value for you newbies. What do you think?

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
For a *used* 2001 the TMV should be 27500 right?

As far as I know, the IS loses appx. 25% in the first year, and goes on to lose 41% overall in 3 years. That's what was given to me when I went to get lease terms, etc. That would make the TMV just about on the money for a $36k loaded IS300 purchased in late 2000.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the 27500 is the TMV for a "New" 2001. That's under invoice. I'm not gonna buy new..may lease though...what are some lease deals going on?????

·
Registered
86 Posts
The TMV should be bumped up by $1000 since the rebate ended yesterday. And the 28.5K is only for the base model, which is hard to find.

Seems like Lexus did well with the rebate, as they just reported sales of 2506 IS300s in April.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys dont understand the TMV. Edmunds.com rates cars on overall value and then explains what the "real" value of the car is. they also explain dealer mark-up and crap like that. The TMV for the 2001 is300 new is 27500. That is what the car is worth, not what they sell it for. Rebates are only done by dealers to make you think your getting a kick-ass deal...I'm just trying to figure what I should save for a used 2001 is300 with around 20,000 miles or something....24k, 23k what?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Originally posted by Frankie Flowers:
I'm looking to buy a 2001 Used IS300 soemtime early next year and i'm curious to what you guys would think that the price would be for one. On Edmunds.Com right now, the TMV for the New 2001 is only 27500. TMV is true market value for you newbies. What do you think?
For $27,500, that is the base model without nothing. Go ahead and add leather package, sunroof, heated seats, LSD and the TMV will be around $32K

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
--------
-------------
All I want to know is what do you think a Used 2001 next year will run with around 25-30k miles?????

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
--------
-------------
All I want to know is what do you think a Used 2001 next year will run with around 25-30k miles?????
--------
-------------
How the hell are we supposed to know for sure? Like I said, it depreciates about 25% in the first year, DO THE MATH!

·
Registered
86 Posts
You guys dont understand the TMV. Edmunds.com rates cars on overall value and then explains what the "real" value of the car is. they also explain dealer mark-up and crap like that. The TMV for the 2001 is300 new is 27500. That is what the car is worth, not what they sell it for. Rebates are only done by dealers to make you think your getting a kick-ass deal...I'm just trying to figure what I should save for a used 2001 is300 with around 20,000 miles or something....24k, 23k what?
There are different forms of rebates, but none of them are offered by the dealer. They are offered by the manufacturer to dealers or directly to customers. Lexus recently had a manufacturer to dealer rebate of $1000 for the IS. That reduced the cost basis for the dealers by $1000. That is why the TMV of the IS was below invoice price. Edmunds will soon update the TMV as this rebate expired.

As to your original question, nobody really knows how much the IS will depreciate, since this is a new model. The market will determine the price. Right now, used fully loaded ISs are fetching around 29K.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
In australia the Is200 holds 2nd place in reslae vaule after the SLK 230 if i remember correctly... I got my car for 69k AUD and should be around 58KAUD now... not sure about the US market though

·
Registered
226 Posts
TMV is a statistical measure of what people are paying for a car... not what it's worth. Worth is relative, like diamonds in the desert vs. water. TMV does take into account any rebates, as those are reflected in actual transactions.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Amen DJ projected expect the IS to loose about 6-7 grand in value every ten years.
This is an average for lexus vehicles provided to me by my INS. company

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
Kel3
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing