Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious.. does anyone actually have pictures of them on an is300??

You can search all day long, but no real pics on an is300.. and since i know that at least ONE person on this forum has them.. can you do us a favor and post the pic please?

thanks

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Saw them on my friends white IS300 and wasn't impressed at all. They look better than they do on the internet, but still whack in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

probably not the "real" pic you want, but maybe more than you have seen. They give a cheap look imo

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
m3thod said:

probably not the "real" pic you want, but maybe more than you have seen. They give a cheap look imo

yea i saw this pic too.. just trying to find a real good up close pic from a netter.

thanks.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
actually doesn't look too bad with clear tails...

·
Registered
903 Posts
i was just looking at these. but you kno what. if they can make these for that price which seems cheap as hell. they are prolly PURE SHIT. IMO

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
I like how they claim they are DOT approved, because the original OEM outter clear lens is still used. Genius.

I must agree. An oridinary pair of tails will cost maybe $50-$100 less. The cost of the LEDs alone would surpass that.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
aren't they made in china?

just lost all the JDM-4-life guys......

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
magoo said:
I like how they claim they are DOT approved, because the original OEM outter clear lens is still used. Genius.

I must agree. An oridinary pair of tails will cost maybe $50-$100 less. The cost of the LEDs alone would surpass that.
actually they could be dot approved. why? because a red reflector is present.

btw depo actually makes a lot of stock replacement tails and heads for many car manufacturers, they are good quality products. seriously, do you guys need to take jabs at "made in china"? i don't think so

·
Registered
307 Posts
i dont see whats so wrong with them?? you guys act like they're gonna give you coodies or somethin' . they dont look half as bad smoked out

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
irv_usc said:
actually they could be dot approved. why? because a red reflector is present.

btw depo actually makes a lot of stock replacement tails and heads for many car manufacturers, they are good quality products. seriously, do you guys need to take jabs at "made in china"? i don't think so
ding ding ding.. correct on the legal point.
the red inner lense is actually a reflector.. hence, they are still legal.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
FFFFugly AS ALL HELL!!!

only way to even consider running those is to SMOKE the hell outta the clear lens with either spray tint or Laminex type colored film...

basically so you CANT see them.... ;)

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
dpatterson069 said:
ding ding ding.. correct on the legal point.
the red inner lense is actually a reflector.. hence, they are still legal.
The point is, that DOT inspection is null and void after the lense is removed.

I know the legalities of tail lights, I researched them for a few hours before getting a custom pair.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
they told me the tailights are going to be expensive
$425 is the wholesale price
to much money for something that looks cheap

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Depo lighting is TAIWANESE fella's. Oh and I agree, they are ugly and they are crap.

DEPO's products are known to cloud and discolor. :rolleyes:

If they do use the OEM KOITO lense then I'm not sure if they would.

Reactions: Split2nd

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Those would be good on a Civic/IS300 conversion. Thats about it.

Reactions: IMPRIMIS
1 - 20 of 48 Posts